special issue with LC prevailing wage

nyfunman

Registered Users (C)
Hi ,

I filed my LC application in 2004 and untill recently my
employer received recruitment instruction from PBEC ,the
letter from PBEC said that my wage offered on LC application was lower than current prevailing wage and asked my employer to amend it. However , since my current salary is already higher than current prevailing wage ,so there should be no problem that my employer just need to follow up with PBEC to tell my
current salary , the special issue I am raising here is :

my supervisor adviced me to check if there is any related labor law that require my employer to pay back the difference during the period my wage was under current prevailing wage.(I think because employer doesn't
want to violate any laws) So , if anyone happen to have any information,please shed some light on this.

nyfunman

No need to pay the back salary. Salary paid after you get GC should be at least what's advertised.
Hi ,

I filed my LC application in 2004 and untill recently my
employer received recruitment instruction from PBEC ,the
letter from PBEC said that my wage offered on LC application was lower than current prevailing wage and asked my employer to amend it. However , since my current salary is already higher than current prevailing wage ,so there should be no problem that my employer just need to follow up with PBEC to tell my
current salary , the special issue I am raising here is :

my supervisor adviced me to check if there is any related labor law that require my employer to pay back the difference during the period my wage was under current prevailing wage.(I think because employer doesn't
want to violate any laws) So , if anyone happen to have any information,please shed some light on this.

nyfunman