something boothering in NOV visa bulletin

jaibharath

Registered Users (C)
Experts, pls check nov 2000 visa bulletin(on this site) and read the paragraph titled"Statutory visa numbers" carefully. It says "for 485 adjustment of status demands received before 6th october...bla..bla."
Can some one please understand what exactly it means and explain..???
thx

No Title

it is on this immigration.com site. listed under "most accessed" pages.Top most is this chat board, last one is this visa bulletin.

No Title

It\'s in plain english. I dont know what you dont understand.

It reads"Allocations were made, to the extent possible under the numerical limitations, for the demand received by October 6th in the chronological order of the reported priority dates. If the demand could not be satisfied within the statutory or regulatory limits, the category or foreign state in which demand was excessive was deemed."

It means the state department can issue visas for all those people who have priority date before so and so for Eb-2 etc. And they came up with the priority date cut-off date based on the demand as of Oct 6th.(since each country has its own limit on the number of GC\'s issued per year)

No Title

Thanks, I was just worried if this oct 6th is some how related to OCT ND (mine is oct ND). Unfortunately OCT is scary (Halloween) month and also INS fiscal year which scares all OCT RD/ND 485 waiters. !!