someone

code01

Registered Users (C)
I just got married two months ago, and I didn't start my papers yet. I also have to do the special registration. If anyone knows it would be a good thing to start the papers before the registration or is it better to just leave the country? Please reply. Thanks.

Originally posted by code01
I just got married two months ago, and I didn't start my papers yet. I also have to do the special registration. If anyone knows it would be a good thing to start the papers before the registration or is it better to just leave the country? Please reply. Thanks.

You will have to be more specific. starting papers can mean anything. Please give more info about your situation.

I didn't file my I-130, I-485, and I-765. I am planning to start them before I go register which is before April 25. Is it going to help.

If registration is required based on your country, applying for I-130 etc will not change that requirement. Only permanent residents and citizens need not register. You will have to register and re-register until your permanent residence is approved.

Is your spouse a US citizen?