someone please answer - do i need to file AC21

veerjara

Registered Users (C)
I applied for 140 & 485 concurrent in Dec 2004, got laid off in jan 2005, 140 got approved and on H1, work for a different company. do i need to file ac 21 for getting my 485 approved.

also i moved to a NJ from midwest, as NJ comes vermont do i need to file change of address with 485 processing center

thanks in advance

veerjara said:
I applied for 140 & 485 concurrent in Dec 2004, got laid off in jan 2005, 140 got approved and on H1, work for a different company. do i need to file ac 21 for getting my 485 approved.

also i moved to a NJ from midwest, as NJ comes vermont do i need to file change of address with 485 processing center

thanks in advance

File AR-11
Call 1-800 number inform about your relocation.

You need to do the AC-21 but can be taken care later.

BK23 : No offense but do not state the obvious.

As for the original question: Yes please file Form AR-11 for I-485 receipt number and send it in. When you call USCIS with the address change for you, your wife (if married) please have her on the phone too as they will not accept the wife's change of address over the phone. Also if a child has a I-485 pending, you and the wife must be on the phone to change the address for the child too. (I changed my address 2 times during the past 2 years, hence can state the above with confidence).

As for AC-21, if 180days have passed since filing of I-485 and I-140 is approved, then please file AC-21 immediately. I have just done the same recently.

vascodagama said:
As for AC-21, if 180days have passed since filing of I-485 and I-140 is approved, then please file AC-21 immediately. I have just done the same recently.
Hi vascodagama

Is there a FAQ somewhere which tells us how to actually "file AC21" ?
As in what docs are required, format of the cover letter etc ?

If you can send me formats from what you filed that would help a lot as well.
PM me if you'd rather email me the information.

Thanks for your help.