Someone please advise

Umair Gauhar

Registered Users (C)
I filed for my permanent residency (spouse sponsored) from Atlanta, GA (Texas service center) on the 15th of febuary. I got my EAD on the 9th of april. But I still have not gotten my receipt notice (case number). My question is:
Is this delay the usual part of AOS?
Does this delay mean that there is anything wrong/missing in my application?
My original I 94 has expired. Can my EAD serve as a legal status for me in the period that I have not received my receipt notice (case number).
i\'ll appreciate anyones\' advice/suggestions.

Expired I94 is not a big deal

The receipt for AOS takes little long. You got your EAD card. Normally processing of EAD and Advance parole is faster. One of my friend he filed his case in Detroit, NSC. He got his AOS receipts after six months. But you shouldn\'t have to worry because you got EAD. The expired I94 is not a big deal. But make sure when you are traveling internationally you have the AP. Because your visa has been expired so you need AP.

When I traveled in Dec 2000. My I94 was also expired in Aug 2000. Because I have the H1B until Aug 2000. But I have the AP. So at Chicago they keep my old I94 and when I was back in Jan 2001 they issued me new I94 on the basis of my AP.

thanks a lot

Thanks a lot for your reply. Can you also tell me how long does it take for the processing of AP and for how long can one stay out of the country on an AP.

Question on I94 expiration

I read your above response, may be you can answer this too.
My visa and I94 are valid till sep03, but my spouse\'s visa is valid upto only aug02 same case with I94. Should we need to get the visa or I94 extended? We both got our EAD&APs and are valid till next year.
Your help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.