Some questions about Expedited Passport

Douglas97

Registered Users (C)
I applied Thursday morning (Sept. 27) for an Expedited Passport with Overnight Delivery both ways. Tracking shows it arrived Friday morning at the processing center.

I'm planning to Travel on Oct 15th. What are my chances of getting the passport by then? It is not an urgent situation to travel on the 15th, but it would be very good if it happened. Are my chances good at getting it before that date?

I've done a search on this board and saw that many people reported getting it around 10 days. What I don't understand is do they mean 10 business days or ten days including weekends? I applied on Sept 27 (Thursday), so what is the earliest I can get it? I know it can take 2 - 3 weeks.

Another things that is worrying me a bit is the online status. It still says my application can't be found. Is this bad?

Thanks alot,
Doug

I would think your chances are pretty good. It seems that two weeks or less seems to be the norm now.

I wouldn't worry too much about the status not appearing in the system yet, it will show up soon.

My 2 cents.

I would think your chances are pretty good. It seems that two weeks or less seems to be the norm now.

I wouldn't worry too much about the status not appearing in the system yet, it will show up soon.

My 2 cents.

Thank you. Do you know how soon the status should appear?

If this helps I applied Thursday 9/20/07 expidited overnite both ways on Tuesday9/25/07status shows your pp is being processed at this time. The status is still the same. will keep you posted.

If this helps I applied Thursday 9/20/07 expidited overnite both ways on Tuesday9/25/07status shows your pp is being processed at this time. The status is still the same. will keep you posted.

Thank you for that information. So Tuesday my status might appear online, that's good to know. Please let me know when you get your passport.

Good news for me. Today (Oct 2nd) the online status showed up. It states I requested expedited service and that the passport is currently being processed. I was happy to see this.

Another update. My status changed to the following:

We have finished processing your passport, and it has been mailed to you.

You paid for overnight delivery. This means you should receive your passport on or about 10/06/2007.

:)

I saw that many people reported getting it around 10 days. What I don't understand is do they mean 10 business days or ten days including weekends?
Congratulations Douglas97! It seems it is 10 days in your case, not 10 business days :) :) :)

Do you guys think there's a chance I might get it tomorrow (Friday)? I've read some people got it a day early. It doesn't make sense if they mail it today (Thursday) that I'll get it on Saturday, since it is express mail overnight delivery.

Either way I'm glad it's finished. :) Also, my parents got their receipt notices and fingerprint notices in the mail today for N-400. Vermont Service Center received their applications on July 26th.

Hi Douglas97,

Congratulations :) I was pretty sure you'd get your passport in good time for your trip. It's possible that you get it tomorrow. Otherwise you can also get it on Saturday. Worst case on Monday. I know this doesn't help much ;)

Hi Douglas97,

Congratulations :) I was pretty sure you'd get your passport in good time for your trip. It's possible that you get it tomorrow. Otherwise you can also get it on Saturday. Worst case on Monday. I know this doesn't help much ;)

Thank you. Actually, Monday is a holiday so they wouldn't deliver it then. But tomorrow or Saturday is what I'm hoping for.

It's interesting how we want everything fast fast fast. First I wasn't even sure I was gonna get it by end of next week, and now I want it like immediately. Like the next day. :cool:

YES!!! Received passport today, one day earlier than the website predicted!

Applied on Thursday Sept. 27th with EXPEDITED + EXPRESS MAIL (OVERNIGHT) BOTH WAYS, and got it today, Friday Oct. 5th! 8 DAYS FROM APPLYING!

I recommend Expedited Passport to everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations :) Yes, I didn't realize this coming Monday is a holiday. I am glad you got it before the long weekend.

same day passport

Congratulations :) Yes, I didn't realize this coming Monday is a holiday. I am glad you got it before the long weekend.

dear all

anyone heard about going to the passport agency in chicago to get a same day passport if u have ur ticket of travel in hand , i get my citizenship on october 26 and im going to chicago on 29 to get passport do u think theyll give it to me same day as ill be leaving country after 3 days any input if anyone went to a passport agnecy or know anything about it