Some Progress - finally - Urgent questions

GCAnxious

Registered Users (C)
Guys/gals:
I had initiated an enquiry on the 21st oct via the 800 number. I received a reply bang after 30 days on 21st Nov. The letter said, 'your case has been delayed becacuse your finger prints have expired. Due to shortage of manpower we have been unable to inform you and are also unable to give you a timeframe as to when your cacse might be processed.'

I left for India on 18th Nov. i found this letter when I collected my mail today. Also in the mail was a re-mailed letter for second fingerprints that was sent on 10/12. It was sent to my old attorneys address. I was supposed to go to Newark on Dec 02. Since the date has passed, here are my questions:

1) My previous employer was based out of NJ, so the center they mentioned was Newark. Can i go to Philadelphia office to get the fingerprints done?

2) can I just walk in or do I have to formally reschedule the appointment?

Help is much appreciated.

Plz post details...

so that people can give u better answers.

1) My previous employer was based out of NJ, so the center they mentioned was Newark. Can i go to Philadelphia office to get the fingerprints done?
- u can give fingerprint at another center than the one scheduled.

2) can I just walk in or do I have to formally reschedule the appointment?
As far as I know, u would need to reschedule, but u can attempt walking in [Plz wait for other suggestions]

In the meantime, post all ur details.

Re:Details

Here are my complete details:

RD: Feb 14 '02
ND: Mar 4 '02
1st FP: May '02
2nd FP generated: oct 12 '03
Re-mailed FP received: Dec '09 with Dec 02 as the appoinntment date.

S

Due to shortage of manpower we have been unable to inform you and are also unable to give you a timeframe as to when your cacse might be processed.

I think we are in "GOOD HANDS"!!!!!!!

This says it as CLEARLY AS POSSIBLE. They forgot the security checks. There is manpower for that.
It is really an agency in meltdown.

GCAnxious,

Can you please make the whole response public and post it for the purpose of being utilised for the suit?

Core team, should be collecting ALL these as a proof of the situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shortage of manpower...

I'm not sure if i should laugh or cry - this really takes the cake. They have the temerity to officially publish this as a reason - after charging all the fees, coming up with mindless arcane and archaic regulations and paper work etc, that they have in place, they are now saying that they themselves cannot manage the process. I concur with Cinta - the system does indeed seem to be melting down.

Hopefully Mr. Khanna can use this as a sample for the law suit.

Sorry I'm not answering GC Anxious' questions - just wanted to vent!

K :(

check your FP notice, normally they give you one month followed the scheduled date if you can't make it,
I was travled on the scheduled 2FP day, did it after I came back on the next Wed.

Re: Re:Details

Originally posted by GCAnxious
Here are my complete details:

RD: Feb 14 '02
ND: Mar 4 '02
1st FP: May '02
2nd FP generated: oct 12 '03
Re-mailed FP received: Dec '09 with Dec 02 as the appoinntment date.

GCAnxious,

Could you post the whole reply or send it to Rajiv and/or the Core team as a collection of nice replies from USCIS?

Hi GCAnxious,

How did u manage to start an enquiry since your RD is in Feb and when I called the 800 number , I was told that they can only initiate a status inquiry if my RD date is before the official processing date i.e Jan 15 2002. Please let me know how u got around this.

Thanks.

They told me that they wont initiate inquiry as my RD is within 1 month of the processing date which is currently JAn 15 2001 . They are using any excuse to avoid creating new status inquiry .