Some Numbers about VSC

Hasan Tasan

Registered Users (C)
Several reports indicate that there are about 950 000 AOS applications waiting for adjudication.
I have applied 19 mo. ago. This makes 950 000/19 = 50 000 applications per month assuming
that my applicaton (Nov 98 ND) is one of the first in line. This makes 50 000/4 = 12 500 application
per mo per service center.

If my application is one of the first in line I can easily assume that it will be handled in a month
which makes 25 business days.

12 500/25 = 500 per day

If one INS clerck spends 10 min per application he/she can do about 50 applications per a 8 hr workday.

500/50 = 10 clercks

For all the above rough assumptions to be valid and for me to receive a response to my application in a month
VSC needs 10 (ten) people working full-time on I-485 applications.

Any coments??

No Title

Hi,
could some one please give me the phone number (V.S.C) where I can check the status of my (I-485)EB-3 application.
     I sincerely appreciate any postings on this.
           Thanks.

No Title

Few months ago, there was a report that VSC hired 25 new immigration officers. Some of may be working on citizenship etc. But, it is safe to believe that officers working on GC are about 20-40.

No Title

There can be max 9800 Green cards per country per year. Assuming 950,000 pending applications it will take 96 years to get the green card. That too assuming that all GCs were issued from that Service center with no consular procesing anywhere in the world.

Am I wrong somewhere ?

The 950,000 figure is suspect.

No Title

According to TSC processing time, there are 41,000 I-485 cases pending. The other service centers may have more pending cases
but 950,000 is way too big. I, too, think the figure is suspicious.

Another point, the figure 9800 is per country limit (7% x 140,000).
So,
(1) 96 years is also flawed because it\'s a total number including
people originated from all countries.
(2) Considering EB1, EB2, and EB3 each take 28.6% (2/7) of the total
per country quota, the number of approval for a specific EB category
PER COUNTRY is even smaller -- it is 9800 * 28.6% = 2800. So when I
heard that some service center processed tens of thousand of pending
cases, my first concern is, how much quota is left.

-- just my thoughts.

No Title

Comparing to recent reports 950 000 is obviously too large.
And I can\'t find the source of that info.

Sorry if I have created any confusion.

No Title

VSC Status line (802)527-4913 (long wait before you get the ph to ring, and even longer to speak to an IIO) Good luck!

No Title

Asked IIO about 25 new-hires
I was told, "yes, but it\'s going to be a couple of months before they are \'trained\' and are brought up to speed with adjudication applications!!" But i have a feeling some have already started to adjudicate, obviously the processing has sped up in the last month..

No Title

Asked IIO about 25 new-hires.. I was told, "yes, but it\'s going to be a couple of months before they are \'trained\' and are brought up to speed with adjudication applications!!" But i have a feeling some have already started to adjudicate, obviously the processing has sped up in the last month..