Some Info of other SCs

jan29feb12

Registered Users (C)
I saw following remarks for other service centers but not for VSC in one of the sites.
(http://www.murthy.com/pt_calif.html)

Here they clearly say that if the RD is prior to the date shown then they ask you to call up and verify. (Not the general message of 365-540 days). For fingerprinting also they have given appx. estimated days when you can generally expect a letter.

I don't know how much they follow any of these in other SCs, but such information surely helps.

If VSC could also give such information, then at least those waiting with RD's prior to Aug 15 ( Official date of current processing in this site) could have valid reason to call as per the SC remarks. At least they would know the reason for the delay.

Example: Nebraska Service Center:
{{{{

Date in Process is the receipt date of the most recently received cases being processed. If your case was received by the NSC before this date and you have not received a notice of approval or denial, request for evidence or intent to deny, feel free to inquire about case status. If your case was not receipted prior to this date, please do not inquire as doing so may slow processing.
Note: Fingerprint notices are generally issued 30 - 120 days after receipt of N-400 cases; 30 - 180 days after receipt for I-485 cases; and 30 - 60 days after receipt for I-821 and I-817 cases.

** Child must be under 21 years old and unmarried

*** Refers to the block checked in part 2 of the petition

**** This date is approximate. Applications may not be worked in received-date order due to the requirement to obtain criminal background check results and the A-File.

^ You may inquire at any time if a dependent will turn age 21 within two months.

^^ Applications filed with I-129 petitions will be processed concurrently with the petition.

}}}
California Service Center:
{{{

90 Day - (a)(6), (a)(13), (c)(1), (c)(2), (c)(3), (c)(4), (c)(5), (c)(6), (c)(7), (c)(8) replace/renewal
** Report will only reflect one oldest JIT date for all I-130 Immediate Relatives and all I-130 Pref. Cases until the re-sort initiative is complete. The re-sort will ensure that cases with visa availability are promptly adjudicated.

I-140 & I-485 dates reflect only those cases wherein a quota number is available.

How to Read this Report

An application or petition with a Receipt Notice date listed above should be processed within 30 days of this notice. If the receipt date on your Receipt Notice shows an earlier date and thirty days have passed since that receipt date, please send an inquiry to fax number 949.389.3485. If you applied after the indicated date, we are not processing your case at this time.

Example : Look at the top lines of your receipt. If you filed Form I-90, and the report says that the service center is processing cases with your Receipt Notice date, you should hear from us within thirty days.

Please wait thirty days after the current processing date of your case is shown above before inquiring.

}}}

Last edited by a moderator: