Some info from IIO

gcdayday

Registered Users (C)
I spoke with IIO at NSC on Friday. He told me that finger prints expire in 14 months, and they try everything they can to adjudicate a case within 14 months of the finger printing date.

I am not sure how true this is but I thought I share this info with everyone. Is NSC working on cases based on FP date? Not sure, since I have seen people that needed second FP.

Still waiting for approval ..... :confused:

Does this mean that all concurrent files cases will also be decided before 14 months. Because for concurrent cases the FP notices are sent almost immediately after filing the 485?

I thought INS goes in order of processing Receipt Dates !!!!!

gcdayday,

thx for the info.

puneet_gcard,

agree with you that INS goes in order of RD.
But for some concurrent cases, FP notice are sent
after I-140s are approved. In other words, these FPs
are done 2 or 3 months after RD.

yager

Originally posted by puneet_gcard
Does this mean that all concurrent files cases will also be decided before 14 months. Because for concurrent cases the FP notices are sent almost immediately after filing the 485?

I thought INS goes in order of processing Receipt Dates !!!!!

Thanks for your reply YAGER. Actually for my case it was sent staright after filing 485. My 140 was not approved when I did the FP. A lot other concurrent filers also got FP notice straight after filing.

That is why I am confused because if our cases take longer than 14 months then we might have to do the FP's again. So I am not sure how long INS will take to process concurrent cases.