Amrish Shah

Registered Users (C)
I and my wife had applied for 485 adj on Dec 27 2000 RD, Jan 4 2001 ND
My case got approved on Jan 7 2002
But no word on my wife\'s case
So i called IIO today
Here is what I heard
The IIO confirmed my case has been approved
I asked him why when the cases were consolidated that both were not approved together and he confirmed my suspicion
MY wife has received an RFE
The AVM does not indicate that because the RFE has not yet been typed up and mailed
He said it might be another 3-4 weeks before that happens and they are behind on typing RFE\'s up
THE AVM gets updated only when RFE is mailed out
SO for all EB3 waiters and old 485 waiters maybe you guys are in line for an RFE , Its just that it might not have been typed up and mailed as yet
so AVM has not updated
Hope this helps

Help, it is not my case.

However,

Thank for share the information. (even it is not good one)

I have very close RD and ND with shah. (RD:12-28-00 ND:1-9-01)
But my case still not approval yet .

This just general info and my interpretation of the AVM and case based on my wifes case and my appro

There might be differences in each case
and yes hopefully yours is fine and so are others

Amrish - I also spoke to IIO today

My details:
RD 01/2001, ND 01/2001, AD 12/2001
wife not approved yet.

IIO said her case is on the officer\'s desk but cannot tell when it will be processed. She also told that there is no RFE (but she said this does not mean an RFE won\'t be issued).

Amrish - do you know what your wife\'s RFE is (might be) for?

thanks.

Just my guess look in post for my guesses

a) Not medical because all was clear and we sent immunization records
   Her TBreaction was less than mine so if idid not get RFE and same officer processed case she should not get on for MEdical
b) Birth certificate had both parents names so chances less
c) All i can think is to validate she was in status when we applied for GC
  Reason
  She had her H-4 stamped form India valid till 12/14/2000. So was my H-1 valid till 12/14/2000. We had applied for extensions for both earlier but had not received approvals by the time we applied for 485
  On the forms we mentioned our status valid till 12/14
  Since our 485 receipt dates were 12/27 i guess they want to know if she had extended her stay on H-4
  Surprised they did not give me RFE for that although i guess it is easier validating a H-1B extension than a H-4 ext in their system