SOLVE act and Family Preference

Clinical729

Registered Users (C)
I have a question, my parents are just getting their greencard. I'm over 21 years old so if I applied I would be family preference 2B, which I've been told is about a 7-9 year wait. Now my two questions are the following:

a)Does the SOLVE act, or any derivative, have a chance of being passed by the house/senate?? And if it does have a chance of being passed, when would you think that would happen, 04, 05, 06, 07??

b)According to the SOLVE act, Family Preference 2A, I think, get noticed as immediate relatives, i.e. they have no backlog period and wait time. If that gets passed, it means a huge majority of the visa #s allocated for them would, in turn, be allocated for 2B, right?? If so, would that decrease the backlog and by approximately how much??

Thanks a lot guys!!

Good luck!

Same situation as you. I have been waiting for 3 yrs and it still hasn't been processed, neither does it look like it will happen soon. Your only bet is when your parents become citizens so at least 5 years + some additional yrs after that. Bottomline: try to find another way.