Social Security Card

vetfrm78

Registered Users (C)
Do I need my social security card for my citizenship interview? I have lost or misplaced it and was wondering if they ask for it. I have statements that I get every year from the SSA regarding my benefits - is that good enough?

Do I need my social security card for my citizenship interview? I have lost or misplaced it and was wondering if they ask for it. I have statements that I get every year from the SSA regarding my benefits - is that good enough?

Never heard of a single case that applicant was asked to present SSN card.

But go to an SSA office to apply for a replacement card with the same number. You have to do it whether you apply foir citizen or not. The new card can arrive in 3 weeks
so that even if the IO ask for it, you can present it

When I went for my interview, I could here another officer with another applicant asking passport, GC and SSN as soon as he entered his room. So you might never know.

They ask for you to state the number just to verify the information you put on the document, but not for the card. You have 2 options: get one now, or get one once you become a citizen. The second option MUST be done as you cange your status to a USC.

G.

When I went for my interview, I could here another officer with another applicant asking passport, GC and SSN as soon as he entered his room. So you might never know.

I was asked for mine (Dallas office).

I don't think it would be an issue if you had not have it and had told the IO "I left it at home". So If you have the card, bring it.

If you do not have it and can not get teh replacement card in time, still go to the inetrview. I don't think it willc ause any issue

Last edited by a moderator: