Social media accounts for adjusting status through marriage

burko

Does someone know if the new law for social media account checks will apply for people who entered the US legally and overstayed their visa and got married to a US citizen to adjust their status while in the US?

If you have yet to fill in a DS260, yes it will apply.

By the way, the way you worded that makes it sound like a green card marriage... I hope that’s not the case.

Hm, is the DS 260 necessary for adjusting status from illegal to green card while in the US? I thought i had to fill out only the Form I-130 and Form I-485 for adjusting to green card.

This is adjusting status while in the US, not from other country through consulate

Oh right.
Well, let’s see how well the fbi background check works, and if it picks up what you’re worried about. Let us know.

The law applies to overseas applications, but Adjustment applicants can expect similar scrutiny as part of background checks. Any previous work for Iraq-based companies may be scrutinized. The FBI can connect the dots if they need to.

Contents of this previous post could be OP's concern.

OP, were you on a J1, then overstayed and married a USC to AOS? And worked multiple jobs while on the J1 that you didn't report?