So my letter to First Lady was a good thing...

SBI1

Registered Users (C)
Based on InfoPass from May 2006, my name check is still in process since 2003. My wife's was cleared 6 months after it was received by the FBI and mine?! Well, mine was/is still "in process".

So following stories/threads that I read in this forum I decided to send a letter to the First Lady, and so I did in mid April.

Last Friday I received a response from Mr. Michael Cannon, Name Check Program Section Chief in the FBI:

...A review of the FBI's Name Check Program database revealed that your request was received from the USCIS on YYYY XX 2003, and is currently in process.
....While an exact date for completion of this review cannot be given, you may be assured that the results will be made available to the immigration authorities as quickly as possible.

So, my question to those who did this before (letter to First Lady), may I assume that this will speed things up regarding my name check, or this is a naive and foolish assumption?
Any one else received a letter with similar language and can elaborate on what followed (times, progress, etc)?

I thought about replying to this gentleman with two short lines, something like "are you freakin' kidding mg...4 years?!" (in a much better and polite language of course :) ) but I am not sure if this will actually help or hurt me.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

I sent a letter in Apr to FL and got EXACTLY same reply (i.ecurrently in process). I observed that many people who wrtoe a letter to FL got a response with processed/finalized and sent to USCIS on so and so date(i.e. cleared). I am not sure if our kind of response (i.e Currently in process) speedup the process of name check. Have to wait & see...

Anybody got cleared after receiving the letter saying "currently in process"? Will they send a letter again after it's processed? Appreciate if you post any similar experiences.

HI we have requested interfiling though they did sign for the package they have no record of it anywhere when we call them can someone help me by telling me how i can follow up with them PLEASE

I tried this to know whether it is interfiled properly or not. Neither IO at NSC nor infopass could give me a proper answer. They were saying if you have one I140 approved with proper A#, it should be linked. I sensed from my discussion with IO at NSC that they accepted interfiling. But you can try few more times calling NSC and you should able to get status on this.

Thanks!