Six months waiting for FP

dimarisha

Registered Users (C)
Please help me. I'm waiting for FP 6 months, my ND is 04/21/02. Any one waiting so long? What should I do? Thank you in advance.

Which Service Center are you? I am told that your attorney or authorized person needs to talk to IIO and Fax some inquiry which might help.

If you are from CSC kindly vote in the poll , its among these threads I created.

I have applied in Vermont Service Center. I spoke to my lawyer she said they are sending for people with RD in March 2002.
Could you tell me if you know the fax number or where I can get one to send reminder about FP. Thank you so much.

Finger Prininting in NSC

In NSC now a days, finger printing notice come with in a month of applying for I485. The time period you have posted looks little longer for Vermont as well. I think its time you contact your Lawyer and inquire about the finger printing. Sometimes, postal mistake might cause such delay.

thank you for the link to check my status but it does not say anything about FP. I says:
Your I485 APPLICATION TO ADJUST TO PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS was received on April 21, 2002. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 365 and 540 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.
I'm worried, because my lawyer says it's OK, but I think almoast 7 month is too much. Any one knows fax number to remond about FP? Thank you.

This is not to upset anyone here but I received the FP notice today for date = Dec 05 2002, my ND is 10/30/2002

Dimarisha
I have heard/seen cases of other people who get FP late in the process (after 6-8 months). I think if the online status doesn't say they asked for your fingerprints and lawyer says it's okay, then it should be okay.

The flip side is once you get FP notice, approval is likely to follow soon.
Good luck.

you can fax an enquiry

Once it is 180 days past the 485 filing, your attorney can fax an enquiry to the service center. the service center has to respond to the fax within 30 days, if not your attorney can escalate this where an AILA officer gets assigned and they take up the delayed cases with the INS.

Even i waited for about six months but once my attorney faxed an enquiry, i got a FP notice within 30 days of faxing.

I dont know if that was a coincidence or they fax really helped.

but there is no harm in giving a shot.

Good Luck.

Mitwaa