single parent(mother) wants to apply for visitors visa

gholkar_shruti

Im staying in Virginia on H-4 visa from the past one year. My 48yrs old mother is planning to visit me . But she is a widow and i being the only child, she has no social ties in India. Will she find it difficult to obtain a visitor's visa? She is a tax paying citizen with her own apartment and runs coaching classes. Plz reply and suggest some other proofs of return she can show at the visa office.

My mother a widow (I am the only child) successfully applied for US visitor visas (in chennai india) twice. First time she got a single entry visa in 1999. Shen visited us for 6 months and returned before I-94 expiration. She applied again this year in Feb and got a 10 year multiple entry visa. She is 63 years old, not (and never) employed and has no businesses in India. She is currently in the US.
I had H1 from 1997 to Oct 2002 and a green card since then.

Given her age she will have to appear for a visa interview at a consulate.

similar situation.

I am in a situation as my mother in india is not interested in coming on visitor visa for 6 months.
I am in the process of apply for i-140 and i-485, would it be possible to include my mother as a wholly dependent and apply for her as well.

Any replies will be appreciated.

Thanks,
sn008