simple question, please help

finalwaiting

Registered Users (C)
I am flying next week using AP, I have a simple question about I-94 card. when I first entered here, I have a I-94 card, and when my H-1B approved, I got another I-94 card, so which one shall I surrender, or both of them? thanx.

many thanks. now I am confused, I just checked my two I-94 cards, the # are exact same, what that mean? if I returned the latest without previous one, will this give me any troubles?

When ever you renew your h1, you will get the new I-94, the number should be same as the one you had before. Usually the new I-94 replaces the old one.

I-94 is an Arrival/Departure Form

You surrender one when you leave the states and get a new one on the plane , fill it out, and have it stamped at the port of entry. No brainer...

Both cards will have same number.

They will have same number, don't worry abt. that. Just give both of them while leaving, you don't have to keep any of them. When you return, you'll get a new I-94.

Hope this answers your question.

return both cards...doesnt matter

Both will surely have the same Number....

Return one or both....Doesnt matter.....UR I94 needs to be recorded...thats all

both will be taken

I had a similar case.

An old I-94 and a new one which came along with the H1 extn. As advised in the form, I attached it to my passport. While leaving the US, the guy at the airline check in counter asked me if I got an H1-B extn, to which I repiled yes and he happily (I wonder who was more happy - me or him!) took both the I-94's. And ofcourse they have the same #. Anyways, one would fill out a new one when entering US.