Significance of priority date

Scotgirl

Registered Users (C)
Please can someone explain the significance of one's priority date? I have seen the term used and my lawyer has also mentioned it but I fail to understand it's role in the process. Please can someone explain? Thanks.

Originally posted by Scotgirl
Please can someone explain the significance of one's priority date? I have seen the term used and my lawyer has also mentioned it but I fail to understand it's role in the process. Please can someone explain? Thanks.

Scotgirl

A Priority Date, is when like a Single Eligible Bachelor like say patienceGC gets a weekend Date with the Current Forum queen, and the same weekend his Best friend is visiting him.

And he give's the Date Priority.

:D :D :D :D :D

scotgirl

as GR mentioned it was important when not all things were current.

As per the INS processing guide, the applications are staged based on priority date, EB category, and country in chronological order.

July16 ... a "date" always takes the priority. The "priority date" occurs when there is more than one girl! :D

july16 is right...

July16,

That was excellent chief.. You made me laugh.. I owe u a drink..

Scotgirl, dont get pissed off.. have fun:D :D

Thanks guys :)

July 16, glad to hear from you. We miss you these days now you're part of the elite "approved" group. :cool:

Basically then priority date has no significance these days. One less thing to add in the "when will I ever get approved" equation. Good to know. Thanks!!

Priority Dates are current now ....

.... however if the quota for visas get used for a particular year,
then the priority dates may retrogress.

If the priority dates retrogress then it will be a true first-come-first serve basis for I-485 approvals. eg) If priority dates retrogress and INS picks say Jan 2001 as its cutoff day then only those applicants who started the process before Jan 2001 will be considered for approval, the rest will have to wait till your filing dates become current.

I have heard that Priority dates aint gonna retrogress for the current year, so folks you need not worry about it yet :)

Disclaimer: the above statements are based on my personal understanding of the concept of priority dates. if I am wrong please correct me for the benefit of all users using this forum.

Peace ....

My PD is 10/31/00. I guess it's impossible to tell whether or not this is "good"?

The whole process is mystefying....

Scotgirl

Originally posted by Scotgirl
My PD is 10/31/00. I guess it's impossible to tell whether or not this is "good"?

The whole process is mystefying....

If you don't come from a country that exhausts its annual quota of visa numbers very quickly, like India, China, Mexico etc, then you don't generally worry about priority dates. PDs are mostly current for "other" nations. Cheers!