Signature on N400

Ignorantperson

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I signed with my initials like how I would sign a check.
I just had a friend point out to me that the instruction states that you have to sign as you would write your name. This is without initials etc.

Will this be a problem, please post your experience.

Thanks

Hi,
I just had a friend point out to me that the instruction states that you have to sign as you would write your name. This is without initials etc.

Thanks

Hi,
I do not a see a problem until the interview. During the interview the IO may question on what is your real signature as required on N-400. During the initial submission I doubt whether anybody looks at the apllication very carefully in the USCIS. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I signed mine the same way by accident (how I really sign my name). After realizing it I then signed my perfect signature besides it. So they have both and I doubt there will be any issues with that either...

Hi,

Thanks
I had the same problem. On the N-400 form I signed the way I sign my checks. In an abbreviated manner.

I have got my IL and during the Interview I will correct if.

During the oath ceremony they (USCIS official) announced (in Dallas area) that when you sign on the N-400 certificate, you need to sign the same as you did on the photograph affixed to N-400.