Sibling sponsorship and TN visa application

dudewheresmycar

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have a sibling who is usa citizen, I will become a canadian citizen shortly.

I am planning to ask my sister to file for a sponsorship for me. I know it is taking 10 years and i have to file i130

1> Will the application affect any and or result in refusal of future TN visa applications
2> Will the application result in refusal of entry on B1 visa i already have or B1 visa renewal
3> Will the application for me automatically include my wife.
4> I read somewhere since TN and B1 are non dual intent visa , i should mention consular processing.
Is mentioning overseas consulate for question 22 in section C sufficient to say consular processing was opted for.
5> What is the process after i130 gets approved and how much time will it take after the i130 is approved.

Last edited by a moderator:
1 and 4: If consular processing is selected on the I-130, the petition shouldn't be a problem for the TN.
2: yes, with a non-Canadian passport and B1 visa, it could be a problem. But once you get the Canadian passport it's less problematic.
3: Not 100% automatic. She must be listed on the I-130 in the section where it asks about the alien relative's family (i.e. your family), and then near the end of the 10 years she'll need to file some papers with the consulate.

Thanks for the answers Jack

Do u know the process after i130 for consular processing and the time lines after i130 gets approved.

The i130 form looks simple enough, is there any need to go through a lawyer..

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't need a lawyer. Don't worry about the process. Once your petition is approved and a visa number is issued to you ( nine plus years ) , NVC (National Visa Center) will contact you for the filing of paper work. You kids, if any will be eligible too.
Good Luck