Shud I hold or retract??

nfa2dfa

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,
I sent my pp for reval on Jun 11 to SL. Talked to the lady at DC, she said that they recvd my passport on Jun 26!!

Now I am travelling to India on Oct 3rd. Can i take a chance waiting for the pp to come. I am getting married on Oct 10. Is it worth the risk?...I mean waiting for the pp or shud I just retract now!!

Any suggestions are appreciated.

thx,
A

i would suggest you to get the stamping from here before you go, if you have all the documents perfect you can take your chance @ chennai, i know one of my friend withdraw his passport went for marriage and he got a query for him and his wife visa and stuck in india now..

nfa2dfa

I think you probably should be ok, (though things can change hence follow the June thread closely also please update the thread with your infor it will help all of us)

Status as of today seems like May applicant processing is done, June applicants should be hearing something this week (??)

Also note that since the withdrawal process itself takes 2-3 weeks hence I would till about Sept 12 to see where we stand and then decide one way or the other but as of now I think you should get the passport before Oct....

Hi nfa2dfa,

It is better wait until this week end and withdraw,becuase for getting H4 stamped in india particularly at chennai consulate you need to go through same amount Scrutiny as H1B .