Should the H1 be valid for 6 months at time of CP interview

jk8

Registered Users (C)
My H1 expires in Oct 2002.
My Pkt 3 is currently being reviewed at NVC. I\'m expecting a July CP interview date at Mumbai consulate.

Is it true that the H1 should be valid for atleast 6 months at time of CP interview?

THanks
JK

not H1 but ur passport should have atleast more than 6 months left before it expires ....

u could even go with an expired H1 and a receipt of the extension ... that is just fine.

Are you sure...i thought we just needed a valid H1 or a H1 stamp..

i didnt knew about the six months rule..My H1 expires on Jan 2003.

Thanks
Shanks

I meant that one should have filed for the H1 ext .... take the receipt if the ext has not yet come

if u got the extension then take the approved 797 ....u don\'t need it stamped...

Shanks ...when are u planning to call NVC??

My packet3 reached NVC on April 10

My packet3 reached NVC on April 10
consulate is mumbai .

no, i\'m not on cptracker.com But I regularly update my dates on the discussion forums on this site.

which consulate are you from?

I am for NWD ... mine reached on Apr 10th ....

I am hoping that it will be reviewed by this Friday ...

im9999 - question

How do you plan to find out?
whenever I call up NVC...I don\'t get any info from the AVM.

are u expecting a july or an august interview?

Call the NVC number ...

the options are 2-2-3-2 ...enter the case number and for me it just says "Connecting to an Operator", then u talk to them during work hrs ..

I am expecting July interview ... NWD started to enter cases of guys whoes P3s were sent in March and Apr .... this is really good news and as per CanIgetGc the System at Delhi schedules ur interview date 2 months from the date NVC dispatched ur P3 !