Should I wait before moving question

gimmeshelter

Registered Users (C)
I've been offered a (better) job in Washington DC, I currently live in Connecticut. I've already have my Natz interview and I'm waiting for my oath letter (and waiting.... :rolleyes: ). Do the good people here think I should wait before moving to DC (still under VSC) or will I need to move my application?

Thanks

gimmeshelter said:
I've been offered a (better) job in Washington DC, I currently live in Connecticut. I've already have my Natz interview and I'm waiting for my oath letter (and waiting.... :rolleyes: ). Do the good people here think I should wait before moving to DC (still under VSC) or will I need to move my application?

Thanks

do you have any ideas how long would it take to get the oath letter in your location? if i were you, i would keep the apt in Connecticut, and work in DC for the moment.

you have come to that far, and if moving casus any mail delay or whatnot, it won't be a good thing. it is just my 2cents.

Better Stay back

Regarding your move, eventhough it is the same service center it is advisable not to move till you get the oath letter as this will inevitably create delays in getting it. Maybe upto 6 months. Now if you had just applied and not gotten the interview letter it would be a different matter.

Expereinces in this forum have shown no matter what service center and at what stage of the application - moving WILL (and not may) cause delays in your application.

Wait until you complete the oath ceremony. Remember, it's NOT over until you take the oath! Moving at this stage will definitely cause delays. Some people do move, but as long as someone is checking the mail regularly, and you maintain the same residence. But it's still not advisable.