Should I use employer based or family based application for filing 140-485?

MIA_BOS

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,

I had applied in August 2003 for Labor certification and learnt that it was approved today. It had been a long wait, and I had given up on it sometime ago. I am quite excited, but also quite confused at this moment, so advise from the gurus will be greatly appreciated.

This good news came just half a day before I see and pay my new lawyer tomorrow for a brand new application (family based)!!! So please keep reading and share your wisdom...

Not-so-short history: Since the LC process has been taking so long, and due to the uncertainty that is attached to it, I decided to apply through my newly-wed wife, who is a US citizen. The lawyer I had talked to about the situation (different lawyer than the company used for LC process) had convinced me toward this family based application. That was couple of months ago, and approval of my LC definitely confused me at this point. My wife moved to a different city/state last year to go to school, and I am waiting anxiouly to follow as soon as I get my green card and get a job there with it. Obviously we want it to be at the soonest time.

My question is: which process, employer based after the LC approval, or the immediate family (spouse) base application is better at this point? I definitely want go with the less painful and shortest route. Are there any advantages to one method than the other? Are the time frames different from this point on? Are there any risks with one or other that might affect my decision? Can I do them both at the same time? Which application would you go for it were for you?

I reliaze that I might be in somewhat a better position at this point, and I am grateful, but I still need to make the best decision for my and my family's future, so any good advise will be really appreciated.

Thanks to all who share their wisdom and support here.
Best