Should I Laugh or CRY

khusboo_sharan

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
I applied for 485 in April 2004 and was supposed to go to india to get married in OCT - NOV. Out of no where my case got approved today. What are my option. Do i need to get married to US girl. If i go to india and get married, how soon will my wife come.
Please help.

Sanjeev

If I were in your position, I would definitely laugh. I do not see any major reason to "cry" unless you are already engaged to some girl in India (or rather outside US). But, thats just my opinion.

<Hindi>Thabhee tho kehthei hai "Neik Kaam mei der nahi karnee chaahiye" :D </Hindi>

Good luck.

khusboo_sharan said:
Guys,
I applied for 485 in April 2004 and was supposed to go to india to get married in OCT - NOV. Out of no where my case got approved today. What are my option. Do i need to get married to US girl. If i go to india and get married, how soon will my wife come.
Please help.

Sanjeev

This is crazy.... jisko green card milta hae, voe dukhi, jisko nahi milta voe bhi dukhi!!! :)

Dude, you so called wife would have to wait three years now. You H-1B is nullified now. Basically, there's something called finance visa, you could try that, or maybe you could try getting canadian green card, which would take another 6-7 months and you could bring her that way.
You could try for F-1 Visa later on, however that may not work if Embassy knows that she is married to you, unless you apply without showing that she is unmarried.

You could try for h-1b. however, those things are subject to the cap.
Sorry.. you don't have much options.

You can cry - if you've decided on a girl in your homecountry and she doesnt have any other way to come over here, but thru H4. :(

You can laugh - if you haven't decided on a girl, you can find a girl who can come to US thru other visas (H1, F1 etc). :)

anyway, congratulations on your early approval....

Can you please post your 485 details. was it EB2 or EB3 when did you get your finger Print. Was it VSC? and concurrently filed?

I think Khusboo_sharan ND was May 2003 not April 2004

This is one of his posts:

-------------------------------------------------
khusboo_sharan
Registered User Join Date: Aug 2004

Thanks guys,

AL_AOS what do you mean by transferring????

like my ND is may 2003 and i did FP in march 2004 and lud changed...is there any chance

After approval, My friend went to India and got married.
it took almost an year for the girl to come to US after getting approval from consulate in India.

Good Luck

I think you meant April 2003, right? ;unless you are a CSC concurrent approved.

Congratulations

khusboo_sharan said:
Guys,
Please help.

Sanjeev

I am sanjeev

Khusboo is my sis....she joined this forum couple of days back and she asked me to post this in this forum. My case was filed in April 2004. I did not get any finger printing. I had my 140 Approved in Jan 2004. I was waiting to delay the filing as I wanted to get as closer to marriage date as possible. Everything in life was going as planned but I think you cannot execute your plans with VSC. They are the most unpredictable guys in this world.

Sanjeev Reddy

This is CRAZY, they approved ur case without finger printing ?? we are still waiting even after 2 FP. Dont worry hv FUN.

Shadi to ho he jaygee........take this in a positive way. ENJOY.

This is realy funny. I think you better marry an american girl or a indian H1B girl (better if she has a GC :cool: ). I think that INS smelled about your plans and wanted played a spoil sport.
OK, now here is my serious advise. Call the INS customer service (1-800-375-LATE :D ) and tell them that you got the approval without FP and security check and tell them that it looks to be a mistake. Then they will do the rest. If they don't cancel the approval within 3 weeks, then go to local INS office for stamping and tell them about their mistake and ask them to do FP instead of stamping. Most likely that will put your case back in pending status. If they are reluctant to do cancel the approval, then think about waiting for 3 yrs to bring a wife from india or marrying an american desi.
I know that this is a difficult moment for you. May God give you enough strength to deal with this calamity.

Well first of all Congratulations.

Although I understand dsatish's good advise and intention, its better you not do that, or do that only if you can afford to wait longer incase they put it in pending cases which is very unlikely according to me