Should I inform/Not Inform BCIS if i change Jobs while AOS is pending

K3G

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,
Please let me know the safer route?
1) To Inform BCIS about Job Change
2) Not To inform BCIS about Job Change
My future lawyer feels that it is good to wait until i get an RFE.
But finally it is my call. But i want base my call on the advise from you guys. I also have to change my address due to the job change but within the same state. Considering the address change is it a good idea not to inform BCIS about the job change
Thanks in advance

First of all, what's your 485 RD?

There are two sides to every coin. Sometimes, informing BCIS works in your favor, and sometimes not.

If you inform BCIS about your job change and submit all supporting documents such as paystubs, employment letter and tax returns for past 2 years, it could possible avoid an RFE to be issued. This is assuming that the adjudicating officer feels that you have made concerted efforts to be truthful about your job change using AC21.

On the other hand, a suspecting officer might still issue an RFE now knowing very well that you have indeed changed jobs and wants to verify whether you still are employed.

On the flip side, not letting BCIS know will not cause any harm, since you are not required by law (at least to my knowledge) to inform them of your job change. If at all an RFE is issued you could submit the required documents at that point.

My personal opinion is that why stir a hornet's nest, i.e., just stay put and act only when an RFE is issued. But, as you said, the final call is yours. I just presented the different possibilities.

Hope that helps.

Take Mavishka's advise, stay put and sent the info about the job change only if you get an RFE.

Well said mavishka !

Rgd my case, I did informed INS abt my job change while AOS is pending by using AC21 law. I acted as per my attorney advise and as per her, it is always best to notify them to avoid any discrepancies while applying for citizenship 5 yrs down the road.

Both the options has good and bad part and you hv to decide what is the best for u. All the best.