• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Should I do the medical exam NOW or wait until I receive the interview letter

babydiams

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I was wondering if i should take care of the medical exam now or wait until i receive the letter scheduling me for the interview.

Thanks for your input.

I read on previous year threads that medical exams are valid for 1 year. But if at the time of the interview it is less than a half a year, they will issue visa with duration equal to the validity of the medical exam.

Assuming that you can take the exam relatively fast (have all immunizations), it may be safe to wait for the IL. But call your doctor first and get familiar with process.

you can do it right after you send you I-485 form (the second package) and while waiting for it to be processed and interview scheduled. that will give you enough time.

you can do it right after you send you I-485 form (the second package) and while waiting for it to be processed and interview scheduled. that will give you enough time.

Dont mix your AOS with the normal procedure.

I would not do the medical at this early stage. As said, make sure to get all immunizations and check out if there are special regulation for mthe medical in your country. Best way to find this out is to call the panel physican in your country.

a friend of mine, he's a winner of the dv lottery of 2010, i asked him about this, and he said: between the date of interview and the medical examination, there is 15 days, so you have time to do the examination, once you received your interview letter go ahead and call the doctor assigned by them, it must be advised in the Interview letter which doctor to call, so you have to schedule an appointement with the doctor as soon as possible, the fees based on the experience of my friend is $150 it includes X-ray + blood test (HIV Sida).

good luck

What happened to the dv site any who called Kcc? Since friday the site is down and i havnt checked my status i dont know whether am a winner or not. How can i know my status

What happened to the dv site any who called Kcc? Since friday the site is down and i havnt checked my status i dont know whether am a winner or not. How can i know my status

You probably just have to constantly check until it comes back up... noone except the people at KCC knows it will be up again...

Thanks guys, i think i will wait a little but call the examination center and see what is required of me and how the process would go.

a friend of mine, he's a winner of the dv lottery of 2010, i asked him about this, and he said: between the date of interview and the medical examination, there is 15 days, so you have time to do the examination, once you received your interview letter go ahead and call the doctor assigned by them, it must be advised in the Interview letter which doctor to call, so you have to schedule an appointement with the doctor as soon as possible, the fees based on the experience of my friend is $150 it includes X-ray + blood test (HIV Sida).

good luck

The blood test will not check for HIV status anymore.
HIV test is not required anymore in the medical exam.

He's right -

Thank you, CraigToomy.
Also, on the official USCIS site, search for "HIV", and you'll find a whole page about it.

.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=1a05cc5222ff5210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=68439c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Can't post links yet, so copy and paste the above and add www in front.
But the main point is that at the beginning of it, it says:
"As of Jan. 4, 2010, therefore, having HIV infection will no longer make a foreign national inadmissible to the United States."