Should I contact congressman?

GreenCardMA

Registered Users (C)
My FP was done in early May. It has been expired for more than two months. My RD is early March. I am very frustrated for no second FP. Please Gurus out there, please share your opions about should I approach Congressman or Senator for my second FP. Thanks.

I am not 100% convinced that contacting congress person can help re-FP notice - though no harm in trying...

My RD is Feb/2002 and the FP was done in April'02. No 2nd FP yet. I am sure there are many in similar situation.

Best wishes,

Jigesh

Include me in it.

I am early March filler and FP has been expired.

I guess only some state has a problem with 2nd FP.

I am in NJ.

If you guys can include your state of residence that we can make some perdictions on 2nd fp.

As the author field (left side of the post) says, I live in NY state and FP1 was done at New Rochelle. And from the username used, I guess the original poster lives in MA.

Thanks.

I am just frustrated as I see those April RD approved. I think I totally understand those Dec, Jan people's frustration.

Yes, I am from MA.

Re: Thanks.

Guys,

What is the best way to find out about Congressman for our area. I live in Metro Boston, MA. Planning to contact, if not hearing by beginning of next month (completing 21 months).

Thanks for your response,

Regards,
feb12RD

Hang on tight guys.

I was in the same boat as all of you.

RD 03/14/2002 ND 04/12/2002 FP1 rec - May 30 State CT

I recieved second FP last week and i did early second FP also.

Be patient your case is same as mine. You will get yours soon.

M.B.S

:cool:

I have completed 21 months also 19 months since 1st FP :)

No RFE, No 2nd FP

Still waiting waiting waiting...

Welcome to the Club....

To GreenCard Ma

There is no harm in contacting your congressman.
My 1st FP was in March 2002.
June 2003 I had still not heard anything.
Contacted my congressman and sure enough in a few weeks I received a 2nd FP notice.

I am not sure if this was a coincidence or it actually worked - but there is no harm in trying - at least they will look at your case.

Also make sure you call the BCIS 800 number and inquire about your case. They will send an inquiry to your SC and that also prompts them to look at the case.

I hammered away at BCIS - calling every week and asking them about my case. Calling my congressman and asking about my case. Calling my lawyer and asking about my case. It can be frustrating but somewhere along the line soemthing gives and your case will be looked into.

Good Luck

I have completed 21 months also 19 months since 1st FP :)

No RFE, No 2nd FP

Still waiting waiting waiting...

Welcome to the Club....

Thanks.

Thanks for all the replies. That makes me feel better knowing that I am not alone here.
TDBW,
Can you let me know what is your RD for 485?

Great News!

I just got a call from my lawyer. He received my FP appointment for the Mid November.
Man, it is a big relieve. Thank God to hear my prayer. I don't know if I should go for earlier FP. I will pray for it and see.

MBS821,
Thanks for your encouragement. Your good wish come true.

Last edited by a moderator:
We did our finger print three days early (yeah -- I know not too early!!). However, the appointment was Tuesday and we went the Saturday before.

I don't know about other service centers -- however, looks like Boston fingerprint service center people certainly are in much better mood on Saturdays!! Hardly any people, went in, filled out the form. They wanted to see License and EAD for both of us -- that's it. Out in 10 minutes. We went in around 3 pm. They didn't ask us any questions regarding the appointment date either.

Even if you don't want to do the FP too early -- try a Saturday. It certainly much easier -- you beat the traffic and you don't have to stand outside in cold!!

Best of luck!!

GreenCard MA

My details are as follows:

Initial I-485 RD @ Nwk July 20th 2000 (Nwk forgot to send my file)
RD @ VSC Feb 20 2002
FP1 March 2002
FP2 Sept 2nd 03 (told by VSC were not readable - rescheduled)
FP3 Oct 16th 03 (told by FBI that prints are readable)

Last edited by a moderator:
Do really fingerprints expire or is the case only when were taken not corectly? We all know that finferprint are still the same.
my FP 06/25, didn't get any redo notice.

GreencardMA,

If possible, can you provide us with the details like RD/ND/FP1/FP2

I am also early march fillers no news yet. One more thing who gets the 2nd FP is it you or your lawyer?

Thanks

To Checkthisout - the FP notice is usually received by both you and your lawyer - unless you have changed address and BCIS is not aware of the new address.

To Robi - the fingerprints themselves do not expire but the results could have. They want to re-run the prints again after a year in case one has any further criminal records recorded within that year. As for when they would send you a 2nd FP notice? - well that depends on the SC, the office handling your case and if they decide to send you one at all - sometimes they have approved cases with expired FPs.

Info

Checkthisout,
My RD/ND is: 3/4/02 and March 23/2002.
First FP is May 11.
Second FP schedule is: 11/16/2003.
I got a call yesterday when my lawyer got my FP notice. I also got one in my mailbox when I got home.

feb12rd,
Before you contact senator or congressman, you might want to check the following link to see his (her) view(score) on immigration. You don't want to contact some one who is agaist Immigrants. The link to check is:
http://grades.betterimmigration.com/