should I contact Clinton

givemegreencard

Registered Users (C)
Dear all,
I am thinking about contacting Senator Hilary Clinton to push my I485.
I am working on a defense related company without much involvement because of the lack of a GC. MY I140 NIW was approved very fast (within 2 months with strong letters from Air Force). Now I have been waiting for I485 for almost 1.5 years since the approaval of I140 (concurrent filings).

Many people said that Senator Clinton is a controversial person. IS that good to contact her or contact another senator who is more neutral in New york state to inquiry my case???
Any comment? thanks a lot in advance.
Also, anybody has experience to contact Senators in NY? :confused:

Search this forum. If I remember correctly someone in this forum had experience contacting her. Apparently she wasn't very helpful.

givemegreencard said:
Dear all,
I am working on a defense related company without much involvement because of the lack of a GC. MY I140 NIW was approved very fast (within 2 months with strong letters from Air Force). Now I have been waiting for I485 for almost 1.5 years since the approaval of I140 (concurrent filings).

Many people said that Senator Clinton is a controversial person. IS that good to contact her or contact another senator who is more neutral in New york state to inquiry my case???

1: Clinton is playing the "political" game. Give it a shot.
2: You have a better chance contacting the Air force again for your I-485. The Service Centers (VSC) have expedite criteria, one of which is a request from the US Defense Department.
3: You can ask your company to intervene on your behalf, if they are willing to do it.
4: You can write / send e-mail to CISO@dhs.gov and/or Prakash.Khatri@dhs.gov and explain your situation in double fold: General delays and Defense related jobs. (search this forum for letters and e-mails, including mine). Throw in the need for "Export Control License", whether you have one or not.

Note: I have been working for a Defense company for a long time myself; still waiting for the I-485 approval, on third EAD.

Doesn't seem fair that you can use influence while we wait for 2 years. :( We waited 2 years for labor, a year for 140 and now another 2 years for 485. Just doesn't seem right...but you are your own person, so do whatever works for you.

joyd

joyd said:
Doesn't seem fair that you can use influence while we wait for 2 years. :( We waited 2 years for labor, a year for 140 and now another 2 years for 485. Just doesn't seem right...but you are your own person, so do whatever works for you.

joyd

I waited seven years on H-1b to have my company apply for LC. Only then after there was no more H1-B they would do it, and only after a seven month waiting period trying to find a US citizen substitute. Compare that to the "bodyshops" (does not mean, your company is one). Don't remember how long that LC took. First I-140 took about 3-4 months (normal processing times for 2001), then second (amended) I-140 took about a year and I-485 pending for almost two years. No seconf FP yet, with 08/13/02 RD when people from October, November, December 02 and even 03 are being approved! So where is the influence? Maybe you are referring to the thread originator, but this gives you the picture.
Besides the FIFO rule is non-existent with all the pilots and concurrent adjudication memos, so in a lawless processing, why not use any influence, especially when it is legit. And this one is very legit. It opens doors for some brave immigrants who might like to work in these places.
Finally, I think you do not know what is like working for a Defense company and what you go through every day, so I guess you are excused!

Note: I think USCIS should wake up and FIRST approve ALL pending applications for people who work in the Defense sector/companies and then some apologies also, since we work for the security of the nation!

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no fair or unfair for green card application.

I think you will fully agree with me - think about some time ago, people only spent about 1 year to get all things done (labor + 140 + 485)? Is that fair???
I have spent more than 1 year to collect letters, write petition letter, and so on.
But I fully have sympthy on very unlucky persons - it is not your fault. :confused:
joyd said:

joyd

Hello, Cinta,

You are right. How about contact senator Charles Shumer for help? Have you thought about doing this before, or have you contacted Clinton??
I tried to contact Air force again, but this time the person did not want to help - maybe he is too busy.
Also, there is no much hope to get company involved.

cinta said:
I waited seven years on H-1b to have my company apply for LC. Only then after there was no more H1-B they would do it, and only after a seven month waiting period trying to find a US citizen substitute. Compare that to the "bodyshops" (does not mean, your company is one). Don't remember how long that LC took. First I-140 took about 3-4 months (normal processing times for 2001), then second (amended) I-140 took about a year and I-485 pending for almost two years. No seconf FP yet, with 08/13/02 RD when people from October, November, December 02 and even 03 are being approved! So where is the influence? Maybe you are referring to the thread originator, but this gives you the picture.
Besides the FIFO rule is non-existent with all the pilots and concurrent adjudication memos, so in a lawless processing, why not use any influence, especially when it is legit. And this one is very legit. It opens doors for some brave immigrants who might like to work in these places.
Finally, I think you do not know what is like working for a Defense company and what you go through every day, so I guess you are excused!

Note: I think USCIS should wake up and FIRST approve ALL pending applications for people who work in the Defense sector/companies and then some apologies also, since we work for the security of the nation!

I contacted my Congressman's office twice: Gerlach, PA). First time he said a second FP could be coming in May. Second time, nothing! I also sent e-mail to Ombudsman. Wait for 30-45 days for any response!
I have no idea about NY senators. If you are Jewish maybe Shumer could help!

givemegreencard said:
Many people said that Senator Clinton is a controversial person

Senator Clinton conservative? she is the most left wing liberal kook in the current senate.

gc80 said:
Senator Clinton conservative? she is the most left wing liberal kook in the current senate.

A. Actually, she is not, that distinction might go to Ted Kennedy
B. Read the note again. :) Carefully :)

Dear All,

My I485 ND is July 11, 2002, I am still waiting for approval. I had my FP2 done on 6/8/04.
Is there any hope for me ?

Thanks,

Ravi Jain

Ravi Jain said:
Dear All,

My I485 ND is July 11, 2002, I am still waiting for approval. I had my FP2 done on 6/8/04.
Is there any hope for me ?

Thanks,

Ravi Jain

No, there is absolutely no hope. At this point, your best bet is to abandon all logical thinking, get naked, get a bottle of Vodka and start running around your locality, potentially shouting obscenities as you go. This will at least make you feel better. :cool: Sorry for the sarcasm, could not resist, sometimes this forum just makes me wander about a thing or two...

To Milko_Djurovski

Mr. Milko_Djurovski;

I don't know what caused you to explode in over reaction. I wouild never try a Russian trash like Vodka. I can already see it's bad reaction on you. If I wait few moments, I will see you started doing what you have suggested me to do. Don't visit this forum if want to keep your Vodka infested blood pressure low.

---> Ravi Jain

Ravi Jain said:
Mr. Milko_Djurovski;

I don't know what caused you to explode in over reaction. I wouild never try a Russian trash like Vodka. I can already see it's bad reaction on you. If I wait few moments, I will see you started doing what you have suggested me to do. Don't visit this forum if want to keep your Vodka infested blood pressure low.

---> Ravi Jain

I will admit that the post might have been harsh, but this forum is oversaturated with a lot of posts that have nothing constructive to say other than "Help me!", "Am I dead yet?" "How can I commit suicide" "There is absolutely no hope whatsoever" and I just find it very annoying personally. I usually do not answer such posts, but I guess everyone has their limit and since this is a public forum, I find no issue with me responding as I did. Another very annoying thing is that people do not take the time to read the title, rather they post non-sensical things like your request on a post that had nothing to do with your situation. Which I guess is partly due to poor English knowledge, partly due to not reading any of the posts... Keeping a topic on point and focused helps everyone out in the long run, as they do not have to read posts that really have nothing to do with anything other than being related to immigration somehow.

I will refrain from commenting on your reply, since I can barely understand your post... My apologies if you felt insulted and my blood pressure is just fine, thanks. One more thing (and this will certainly end the conversation from my side), when you say over reaction, you don't mean saying something like "Is there any hope for me?", do you? Have a pleasant remainder of the day.

There are always some people who ask frivolous question.
Anyway to get to the point, it was a big help for me when I contacted a Senator. I guess for Federal Laws and Issues (like immigration) they have more influence than anybody else.

givemegreencard said:
Dear all,

I think it is easier to chase Chelsea than to contact Hilary :eek: :eek: :eek:

To Mr. Milko_Djurovski

Mr. Milko_Djurovski,

Before I stop making any more comments, I would like to say once again that please do not try to vent in this forum any anger or frustration of your personal and family life. You may have good knowledge in English, but you seriously lack common sense and decency. It is quite evident from you language. You may be able to understand my comments in "poor English" only if you lower your dependency on Vodka during wrong time of the day. You have a pleasant remainder of the day too.

--> Ravi Jain