Should I bring original document to Interview?

hope04

Registered Users (C)
Our lawyer told us to bring original documents to Interview. But we cannot find the original document for my husband (primary applicant)'s H1 approval letter from INS. We only have a copy of it.

Will this be a problem? Also, what photos may need for the interview? the ones with ears out or the ones with front ?

Thanks again.

Do not depend on secondary sources like this.

Go to BCIS.gov and you get all info needed and is also authentic and straight forward.

Thanks, I will check the website. But honestly, I don't know how much useful information I can get. :)

Anyone who have experiences of interview?

Do what your lawyer says. Yes you should take your originals with you as far as possible. But you need not to worry about your H1b papers in GC interview. You will get lot of information on this fourm related to interview, just search for interview. Best of luck.

at1999

hope04

I had applied for temp EAD at Newark.
I had copies of 485, ead extn. No originals.
The supervisor asked for I-140 approval and I was not having a copy of it. For me it worked out as the supervisor was very co-operative. I got my temp EAD.

For 485 interview co. lawyer said that copies should be ok.
I had originals of H1'B (All) and copies of 485. The officer definitely saw the last H1-B original. Verified the RD/ND dates and verified when 485 was applied. I had applied for 485 in Sept 2001 and H1-B was expiring in Feb 2002. He made sure I was in status.

It all depends on the situation/officer.
Best case scenario is to have the originals.

As 1amShantanuB said check bcis.gov and you can clarify certain issues in this forum.