Should i apply citizenship before moving to another state

caiban1234

Registered Users (C)
I am living in Louisiana. I got green card 5 years ago and ready to apply citizenship (form N400) now. I also have a plan to move to Texas in Jun 2019 to live.
Here is what i know:
1) There is a condition that you have to live in one address at least 3 months before apply for citizenship.
2) If i apply citizenship in Louisiana then when i move to Texas, my case will be transferred from Louisiana to Texas and that process takes long time.
So my question is:
Should i apply for citizenship now (March) in Louisiana?
OR wait to move to Texas and wait for another 3 months to apply (Jun + 3 months = Sept)?

When to file n400 is entirely your decision. There have been instances where address changes in the middle of something pending with USCIS has resulted in a notice or another getting missed or classified as undeliverable. You'd be better served to move first and file once you've lived there 3 months.

I am living in Louisiana. I got green card 5 years ago and ready to apply citizenship (form N400) now. I also have a plan to move to Texas in Jun 2019 to live.
Here is what i know:
1) There is a condition that you have to live in one address at least 3 months before apply for citizenship.
2) If i apply citizenship in Louisiana then when i move to Texas, my case will be transferred from Louisiana to Texas and that process takes long time.
So my question is:
Should i apply for citizenship now (March) in Louisiana?
OR wait to move to Texas and wait for another 3 months to apply (Jun + 3 months = Sept)?

My suggestion is to apply as soon as possible, while in LA. You'll get a priority date that is 6 moths earlier, compared to filing in Sept. You're going to need that head start when you move to TX. Certain field offices over there have way too long wait times. Processing is based on the priority date. The sooner you get on that queue, the better for you.