short trip to Canada with H1-b status but no visa

ken_oli

Registered Users (C)
I changed from F-1 to H-1 in US. So, I have H-1 status and new I-94 card approved for H-1b at the same time, but no valid visa. I plan to visit Canada only for one day (possibly moring going and evening coming back.) I am going to drive there. I heard that I do not have to turn in I-94 when across the border and I will be able to come back to US with the I-94 for my current H-1b status even though I don\'t have a valid visa for entry. Is this correct? If so, what else I should remember to bring with me for a safe return. All of above, with I-94 and I797 I will be fine for renturn to US with short period of time, right? Thank you very much.

No Title

I am on new H-1B too (J1 to H1). I need go to Vancouver for a conference in June. I concern about issues
such as re-entry visa, H-1 stamping etc... I like to hear your experience and suggestion. So please keep
posting after your trip.

If I want to make a short trip to China and come back via Vancouver (in 2-3 weeks), I understand I need both
Canadian multiple re-entry visa and US re-entry visa. What\'s the best way to obtain US re-entry visa: in
Vancouver or in China?

No Title

When I drove a car to Canada, no one asked me at all on US side on April. I went Canada with my H1B approval notice I-797 and passport which only F1 stamp on it. When you come back to US, your I-797 and your passport are enough for you to into US. They will ask you how long have you been in CA. If you said one day and keep some receipts as evidence, You will be safe.

No Title

reentry to usa:

you can apply for a reentry visa in Vancouver US consulate. they only accept certain number of application per day and there might not be availability for you.

you have back up plan. if you are in Beijing, contact CITIC bank and they apply for US visa for you. if you have i-797, there should n\'t be any problem.

BE consider

If you just be in Canada, no need to get US visa for return US. You need get US visa if you leave Canada back to China then back to US.

Can GC parents sponsor GCs for their children?

I was wondering if parents with valid GCs could sponsor the GCs for
their unmarried children? If so what is the procedure to do so and how can it be done? Also is there an age limit for the children that they are applying for?

Any help with regard to this would be greatly appreciated.