shocked, what's this mean???

finalwaiting

Registered Users (C)
we transferred your I485 APPLICATION TO ADJUST TO PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS to another INS office for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. That office will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case.

Just check on line, guys, I am shocked, RD Oct. 12, 2001, I am applying at Boston, I am shaking, what's this mean? Is this mean that my case has been transferred to Boston? How long will I wait, I am shaking, what should I do, please help, I am so unlucky, please somebody help me, help!!

Cool down

It is pretty Normal Man.....

Many people get transferred to the Local INS for interview...
This does not mean any problem.

Only that now U will get a interview call from UR local INS office..
and U will have to go there..
Most of the times U get approved no Questions asked...

Let us know, if UR case has some complications..probably somebody can guide..

But this is very veruy Normal..
So dont worry

I am EB-2 NIW petitioner, I never change my employer, and never out of status. But my situaition is really bad, there is chance be laid off, but don't know when, I am waiting for the approval urgently, guys, god is joking with me, how long will it take me to interview, and they call you or they send you a formal notice to let you know? I felt so stressful.

finalwaiting cool it

No problem man !!!! relax. You will get GC don't worry. Even if laid off you are safe because of NIW. I assume you are a doc doing waivership job after Residency on J1. Right ? Cool man. You have less issues than employment based cases have like you can easily change job anytime since you are not EB based and secondly no wage problem too due to tons of money you make. Interview will be easy for you. Usually they do interview NIW cases. Usually coolly approved. You can get another job anytime, just make sure it is in under served area only. Any employer will do.

What is NIW

Is NIW = National Interest Waiver???

How does somebody get this....

Good for Final waiting ..that he can switch jobs whenever...

Hope U get UR intervbiew call soon..

finalwaiting

The interview in Boston is usually scheduled 3 months later. I'm sorry to hear the bad news. Hope you are lucky.

You should CRY....

But with Happiness!!!

Interviews are scheduled within 1-3 months time

There is absolutely nothing to worry about!

You will be called for an Interview and you will be asked a couple of questions...interviews last anywhere between 15 to 45 min.

Sometimes a lawyer may be required with you. Check with your lawyer. Prepare all the documents....

H1
EAD
AP
TAX W2
TAX Filed
Pay slips for 2 months
Telephone Bills for last 2 months( No kidding )
etc etc.

Good Luck!

Luv

-Roma

Yesterday, there're two EB1 transferred to Boston office. You can search for that message.

The ugly thing is Boston office is very slow to schedule interview. I recently saw on this board someone scheduled in July for an interview in Jan, 2003. So you should expect next Spring to have the interview at worst, but maybe you will get an earlier notice.

Ask lawyer to call INS to ask for when is the interview is scheduled.

Good luck!

i can't think, i can't eat well, I have to everyday next six month(maybe longer) for being laid off, i am so unlucky this year, everthing is in big mess, toughest time, wondering how can I get through, who has the interview exeperience in boston, what's documents do I need prepare, could somebody kindly help, I am totally sucked.

may be

May be they liked your picture. Since you are handsome they want to see you in person :D :D :D

Don't worry everything will work out.

thanks you all for your kind words and humors. so boston local office will call me to schedule a interview, what's about if I chang my phone number, do I need to notify them the new phone number, usually they call your home phone# or work #, do they also send you a notice? I really need your help, appreciate it very much.

Finalwaiting...

When you submitted your letter of employment alongwith I-485, did that (or separate) letter also described your job functions ? I read elsewhere [old case though, and that too, at CSC: http://www.geocities.com/ciba_2/I485/experiences/IV/cuteseed.htm] that sometimes INS transfers NIW cases to check whether you are in a job that is related to the area for which you got NIW.

I am not sure whether the same is the policy with VSC, too; and also, whether other NIW local transferees included similar job-description letter or not.

Best wishes,

Jigesh

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the useful informations, they didn't specify my field in the employment letter. I haven't change the employment, but I did transfer to another division, which is different from the one when I applied I-140, is this the problem. If this is the issue, should I collect the recommendation letters again? oh, my godness.:( :( :confused:

Panic can't solve the problem. What we all learn from GC process is patience. Now you can only wait for Boston center to send you a letter(probably next month or two) and inform you the date of interview(next spring). Just prepare all documents, tax record of passed 2 years,
employment letter, publications, marriage certificate......

Be cheerful, life is not only a green card.

:D

Finalwaiting..

I guess letters of recommendation are not needed now, but may be an employment letter with description of your job would be necessary when you go for interview to show compliance with NIW field. Again, this is my guess only - you know INS. Sometimes transfers are purely random only, though unfortunate.

Dengdeng is right - may be the interview-call letter would list required documents.

Best wishes,

Jigesh