sharing complete experience from houston

Hhouston

Registered Users (C)
Hi- Just wanted to post my details. I receieved my oath letter last week and have applied for US passport same day. The whole process was fairly simple and quick as well. When i read several threads on this list about the problems they faced, i was quite apprehensive very step of the way, but i realised that the scary stories posted on this site are either exception cases or someone's just trying to scare everyone. Specially the one about traffic tickets. These are not specifically asked on the N 400 form and i did not disclose them. There were no questions asked. Only time we are asked to speicify specifically is when we get the N 445 form (which we got 10 minutes after the interview, that's how its in Houston anwyay) and we have to go for the oath ceremony, then it does ask whether from the date of the interview (not before) there were any traffic violations. For the interview i read the 100 quetsions and i was asked 10 on a sheet of paper, took like 10 seconds, if you know the answers to the 100 questions (most of them being GK) it should be cake walk for you. The person interviewing was veyr sweet and nice and it was done in 10-15 minutes. Just basic questions, then we were asked to wait outside and we werre given the N 445 forms with the oath date. The oath ceremony was rather long in the sense we had top wait for 3 hours beofre it began and we two toddlers we had a tough time. Wish we had gone late, but anyways its all done and over with.

BTW I applied 90 days before completion of 5 years.
Applied : June 29, 2005
Fingerprinting: sometime in August, 2005
Interview: Oct 18th or 19th, 2005
Oath : N0v 16th, 2005

Thanks