Shall we start to ping a senator

BBCHENGC

Registered Users (C)
Just want to throw in some ideas to speed up the process.

After searching the "Immigration, Border Security and Citizenship" subcommittee of US Senate, I found Dianne Feinstein (D) is a member out of totally 13. Shall we start to write to her office together?

Is anybody familiar with her standings on immigration issues and etc...? Has anybody ever written to her before?

We should go through some Indian-American Association. Senator is not gonna care. They know we dont have voting rights and wont have em for another 5 years and politicians in power dont think beyond 5 years.

Most of the Indian-American Associations you are talking about also donot care.
Most of them forget what they go through after getting GC/Citizenship.

Not just don't they care, but being aware that the influx of immigrants, will hurt them the most (being in the same industry), are more against immigration than regular Americans! :)

Can we use the signature collected by this site to sign an e_mail and send it to Senator? she may ignore individual emails, but probably will will think about petition, just my two cents

I am not particularly knowledgeable about this topic, so take the following with a pinch of salt.

I dont think this senator is much for immigration or for the plight of immigrants. Isn't she the one that proposed a closed border for 6 months after 9/11 (closed border or a moratorium on student visas, I dont remember). Yes, she is a democrat and that party has been (relatively) championing the cause of some immigrant groups.