SFO Transfer Update

Ali4U

Registered Users (C)
Well, my case was transferred to SFO Servive Center to conduct an interview. The transfer date is 4/23/04. Since i moved since then, I took a short trip to SF this morning. After waiting for 3 hours, it was finally my turn. I asked the officer to change my address to my new one. I went on to explain since my case is transferred, I could not change the address by calling the 800 number. She tried to pull up my file, and there was nothing in her computer. She said that eventhough my case is transferred, it's sitting in a box and eating dust. My case has not even been opened and scanned. I asked her how long it takes to schedule an interview, and she said we are not even looking at new applications (SPECIALLY TRANSFERS) at the moment as we are processing our locally flied applications that are backlogged.

Anyhow, she couldn't change my address, however, she did give me a form to fill out and mail. She said come back in November (by then she thinks my application will at least be on file) to double check my address is changed correctly.

This is depressing.

thanks and good luck.