SFO Refused to stamp

finalstagegc

Registered Users (C)
Strange, I am my freind went to SFO (We are from San Jose). They just stamped my friends but by the time they came to me they said we are sorry SJC cannot be done here. When asked you just stamped one SJC they said they just lucked out but I just confirmed with others and SJC apps cannot be done at SFO. For another person they collected all the documents but returned them without stamping as they are also from SJC.

Just in case somebody from SJC is trying to goto SFO think twice. Don\'t spend money and time. (Parking is $27 for 1hr 40min.).

Stamping done at SF

Hello All ,
I finished my stamping at SF on March 11th.
Stamping was a smooth. Reached SF at 7:30 AM Parked at China Town Parking Garage on Kerney and Washington ($5 for 4 hours) Walked down 2 blcks on Washington . Entered INS from 630 Sansome St door (This is very important , DO NOT stand in line for Washing ton St door. 630 Sansome st is the right door for Appointment and Stamping cases as it\'s mentioned on the 485 Approval notice also.) At the door the gaurd asked if we have an appointment, I showed him my 485 approval letter. He saw it\'s for room 200B ,he allowed us in. After security check went to 2nd floor ,room 200B put in our approval notices in the slot on the 200B door (7:45 AM) And waited for around 45 mins. At 8:30 they called our name on counter 18 . Took our Passport ,EAD and AP. Asked us to wait for few mins , Then called us again on counter 19 took our fingerprints and signature. At around 9:00 AM called us again on counter 18 to collect our stamped passports.
The lady told us that we will get the plastic card in mail in 6-8 months. Came out of INS office at 9:05 AM.

They do not take cases from San Jose in SF . They sent back one desi couple for this reason in front of us.
Also do not park anywhere other than ChinaTown parking garage as all other nearby places are very very expensive. Thanks for this advice from somebody on this board only.

Looks like SFO started doing this pretty recently. Also

Don\'t understand why the standards/policy are different. SFO stamps for 1year and SJC for 6 months.

Even though I am little upset as the stamping was not done today I feel that this is better than an RFE. I will try later in SJC. With the KID under one year it is difficult to stand in line from early morning and the whole process takes more than half a day unlike in SFO where it is about max an Hour.

If you have such a young son

I understand that you can go to the front of the queue when they open the door. I think I read that before. Anyone with some sense of humanity is going to let you go in front.

Good luck.

Done at SJC but bitter experience there too

I thought so. But you know what. I went at 4.00AM and my wife joined me at about 7.15AM along with my son. We reached the front door at about 8.50AM and the security gaurd just stopped right in front of me. Thought Ok he will send in in 2min inside (We had our ID cards in hand ready to show). but he waited for 5min and then started sending in people with 9.00AM appointment from other side of the line (Waitied patientely for another about 10min). There was very cool breeze and my son is already having cold had to face this cold breeze. One person next to me yelled at security to come this side and send us in, but the security guy looked at us and didn\'t care, I requested can you send atleast the kid and mother before you can send the people with apt (There is no hard and fast rule, it is upto the security guy who send\'s bunch of people inside, 8,9 10 people at a time). He delayed another atleast 15min to send the rest of the people who has appointment at 9.30AM and then he looked at this side and he had sent the people with appointment 10.00AM and everybody with appointment at anytime that day. He was really mean we have to wait till about close to 30min just at the entrance and then he let us go in. Even though it doesn\'t matter about the bitter experience, as it is done now, I just what to share this how mean the people will be sometimes.