Sequential filing vs. concurrent filing..

mrm1989

Registered Users (C)
I am new to this forum. I have had my I-140 filed (sequential) in July this year (eB2). The RD is 7/22. I have been led to believe that "buckets" for sequential processing are separate from that of concurrent processing and that sequential processing moves faster. This theory was given credence when a co-worker of mine filed his I-140 two weeks before mine and got an approval within a month !! For me, this processing stopped on 7/17 and then moved back to 5/5.

Q

a. Are there really such separate queues or buckets?
b. My lawyer told me that if I am not too worried about job right now, go with sequential as it is faster and cheaper. Well, it no longer is faster. Any suggestions? I believe if I file my I-485 now, it will put my application in the concurrent "bucket" and further slow it down. Meanwhile, I-140s are not moving (or are they?).

Any suggestions?

thanks,

I'v been on this board for quite a while and I haven't seen
any indications that 'sequential' filing is faster than concurrent.

Unless you are going with consular processing, I would
recommend you file 485 asap. Among other reasons, this would
start your 'clock' on your 485, and once you have your EAD,
you wont have to deal with H1 (or other) visa issues.

485 in CA currently takes over 2 years and it's important that
you get started on that as soon as possible. The more you delay
it, the longer will your GC take.

-Oz

I spent 3 months after filing my I140 searching for reasons not to do concurrent filing. Though there is no definite answer and which ever way you go, I finally convinced myself doing concurrent filing overall has more benefits than non-concurrent.