• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

September 2024 Visa Bulletin

Xarthisius

First cutoff for DV25

C. THE DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT (DV) CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN OCTOBER
For October, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2025 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

RegionAll DV Chargeability Areas Except
Those Listed Separately
AFRICA15,000Except: Algeria 6,500
Egypt 8,250
Morocco 8,250
ASIA3,000Except: Iran 2,950
Nepal 2,950
EUROPE6,000Except: Russia 5,950
Uzbekistan 4,900
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 2
OCEANIA500
SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN

We see in this VB all the chargabilty countries for DV2025. Since the UK is eligible for DV2025, why the UK is not one of the listed countries with winners? Zero people won from the UK? I find that hard to believe. Or am I misreading this info?

We see in this VB all the chargabilty countries for DV2025. Since the UK is eligible for DV2025, why the UK is not one of the listed countries with winners? Zero people won from the UK? I find that hard to believe. Or am I misreading this info?
Does seem odd. Even if few people realized it was eligible and entered, you’d expect …not zero, but maybe it just turned out that way. Wonder if they omitted the line by mistake. Will see full details of entrants and selectees at some stage on this page https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...-entry/diversity-visa-program-statistics.html

I have spoken with several UK winners. It's just a cock up.

@Xarthisius and @Britsimon

Any thoughts on visa exhaustion this year, based on the bulletin, interviews scheduled and current CEAC data?
Whilst the last 2NLs took it to the max, I don't think they have created a terribly bad exhaustion problem. Certainly not the same as DV2023 where they stopped the process on Sept 6th. So, they might hit the cap in late September, but hopefully they would do what they did in DV2022 which would mean allowing the over issuance because they conveniently "forget" AOS cases.

Here is my math.

Total visas issued so far (including those in AP status meaning the visa is being printed) - 42129
Ready cases (but ignoring scheduled cases from pre August interviews) - 11700
221g - 4963.

Not all the ready cases would be approved, so let's say 9500 get issued from that group.
Not all the 221g cases could be approved, so let's take a conservative number of 3000 issuances from cases already in 221g.

42129 + 9500 + 3000 = 54629.

Obviously the 9500 and 3000 numbers are guesses, but you can see the range we are in...

Since we will have around 800 to 1200 AOS, 546296 would technically be over issued, but not to the point of stopping very early.

So yes they created some risk, but not a complete disaster as in DV2023.

Whilst the last 2NLs took it to the max, I don't think they have created a terribly bad exhaustion problem. Certainly not the same as DV2023 where they stopped the process on Sept 6th. So, they might hit the cap in late September, but hopefully they would do what they did in DV2022 which would mean allowing the over issuance because they conveniently "forget" AOS cases.

Here is my math.

Total visas issued so far (including those in AP status meaning the visa is being printed) - 42129
221g - 4963.

Not all the ready cases would be approved, so let's say 9500 get issued from that group.
Not all the 221g cases could be approved, so let's take a conservative number of 3000 issuances from cases already in 221g.

Obviously the 9500 and 3000 numbers are guesses, but you can see the range we are in...

Since we will have around 800 to 1200 AOS, 546296 would technically be over issued, but not to the point of stopping very early.

As always, thank you for the thorough response.

Here is my math.

221g - 4963.

As always, thank you for the thorough response.

how long does it usually take for a 221g to process if the consulate asked for an nbi clearance as an additional document? (US Embassy in the Philippines)