Sept 2003 - RFE ?

Ma-Wizard

Registered Users (C)
Hi

Got an e-mail from USCIS today requesting more information on my I-140 as well as I-485. I don't know yet what information is requested. Is this because I made an address change on Friday by calling BCIS ? Why did they send RFE's on 140 and 485 together ? Can anyone shed light on what kind of RFE it might be and will it be the same RFE for both ? Here is what was stated in the e-mail for both of my cases :

"On September 14, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283".

Case details -

EB3
I - 140 RD/ND - 09/22/03
I - 485 RD 11/05/03 ND 11/10/03
EAD Approved 12/11/03

This is their response when someone changes their address. It is not an RFE (from what I have learnt on this site)

this is sort of a good news for sep 2003 filers !!

Ma-wizard, I undertstand it makes you curious / anxious what info. they are looking for. Don't worry, most probably it should be regarding your address change.

On the other hand, it is atleast good to know that they have started processing Sep 2003 cases !.

-----------
bmt74
EB3 concurrent NSC
I-140 RD Sep 26, 2003, still waiting for approval

Ma-wizard,

It is NOT RFE. This is regarding the address change or your inquiry.

naanshi

oh, I take that back.
They may not be actually "processing" Sep-2003 I-140 cases...Just updating the address (in the case of Ma-wizard)

Wish it was an RFE !

Well, guyz thanks for those replies. It really made me feel better. Well on the other hand I wished it was an RFE, atleast they would have touched my case ! How long are we looking for to get our 140's cleared ?

I am with you Ma-wizard.

Others, after a long time, I spoke with my lawyer about the pending I-140 application; She just said she doesn't have any info. from USCIS !. (as usual)

I also asked her about Ac-21. She said I can switch employers eventhough my I-140 is pending, but only at my own risk; She did not recommend doing that. Atleast, she agreed it is allowed. As for as I am concerned, I am not willing to take any risk, so I am just going to wait until my I-140 is approved.

Check the status

Hi Ma-Wizard,
When I changed my address, it changed the LUD of 485,but not the message, the message still says "we received..........". If your message changes for 485, then I think it is RFE and it is good for you, your may get 140 and 485 approvals together in couple of months.

Thanks,
GK

I wish gkb is right but these people do not follow a consistent approach in what they do, they might change the LUD for some and they may not change for others.

The other question is why would they request for more information on the case if it was just an address change ?

They responded to your request (address change)
The message you have quoted below does not ask you for more information."On September 14, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283".

Thanks for pointing that out aonflux. Caught me completely unaware. I was very much on the perspective that they are requesting more information from us. "YOUR Request" was the key in the message !

Those "generic" messages are definitely confusing. I wish they designed the system better !

Msg ?

I kinda agree with Naanshi. It could be for update address or verify or inquiry. I got the same msg upon request for FP notice. I haven't the FP notice even though online msg says they sent the FP notice. So, i requested for FP notice.

Hello Guys,

They sent me a exact same message with Ma-wizard yesterday(9/15). I called the USCIS a couple of days ago for asking my case situation , the person helped me to write a inquiry letter to the USCIS and today I checked my case status, I found this message. I wonder if it's RFE or not. Can you give me some advice too? Thank you so much.

I don't agree with this address change theory.

WHY WILL THEY UPDATE I-140 MESSAGE. ITS PURELY EMPLOYERS ENTITY.

EMPLOYEES ADDRESS CHANGE SHOULD ONLY AFFECT I-485 (AND EAD OR AP IF THEY ARE PENDING).

Sept 2003 - Response from USCIS --- RFE ??

Hello Ma-wizard

I also got the same message yesterday that you had earlier this month.Did you get any mails from attorney about the response (?) from USCIS .. I am very curious to know what kind of response the USCIS sent to your case ?? I hope it is not a RFE..

- vicky_p

I did get some mail at my new address from USCIS. It was just a address change notice. If you have changed your address by calling USCIS and if your LUD changed after that then it's nothing to worry about. They send a document confirming that so and so as the Applicant has called for an address change..... Cheers !