Sept 17th 140 Approved

SecondChanceGC said:
I-140/I-485 RD: Sept 17th
I-140 LUD: 9/23, 4/13, AD: 4/11
I-485 LUD: 9/23, 12/29, 3/30, 3/31, AD: ??????

Congratulations on your 140 approval. Even though your visa dates are not current (you might be couple of months away)....you are now eligible for AC21 shelter.

Good Luck with your 485.

H1B,

Any news on your case? Haven't heard any updates from you in a while. Still stuck like I am? I am giving up.

Here's where I'm at:

I wrote snail mail letter to FBI for name check status/expedite request, and also sent a fax for FOIPA to the FBI. They still haven't responded to my email that I sent in early January.

140 still held up -- think due to name check. Spoke with the emergency number yesterday and they told me they're waiting for name check.

Did biometircs and 2nd FP2 2 weeks ago. got 2 LUDs, then nothing. FBI fingerprint # told me they sent the request back to USCIS the next day.

Just filed 2nd AP/EAD.

Frustrated :(

It is becoming sifficult to understand this name check business.

I was told my name check was not clear but the 140 still got approved. When I checked again, I was told that FBI background check is clear ( Which I believe is FP check).

The FBI report had name check field as blank but 485 is still pending.

Now, why 140 was cleared if name check was pending and if name check was clear, why 485 was not approved. LUD on 485 and 140 changed on 2 days e.g 4/4 (140 Aproval mail) and 4/5. After that no update as of now.

Is this name check a real thing or just an excuse where no more explaination is required and the applicants just sit back cursing and getting frustrated with this process.

mesbah said:
H1B,

Any news on your case? Haven't heard any updates from you in a while. Still stuck like I am? I am giving up.

Here's where I'm at:

I wrote snail mail letter to FBI for name check status/expedite request, and also sent a fax for FOIPA to the FBI. They still haven't responded to my email that I sent in early January.

140 still held up -- think due to name check. Spoke with the emergency number yesterday and they told me they're waiting for name check.

Did biometircs and 2nd FP2 2 weeks ago. got 2 LUDs, then nothing. FBI fingerprint # told me they sent the request back to USCIS the next day.

Just filed 2nd AP/EAD.

mesbah said:
H1B,

Here's where I'm at:

Just filed 2nd AP/EAD.

Hello Mesbah,

no news yet...still waiting..and waiting....I thought I will check my luck by calling the emergency number...tried it today evening....the person who answered the call was not ready to listen...and just mentioned " California Service Center....whats your emergency??"...I told her that I am calling to inquire about my long pending applications... she wasn't ready to listen to anything...and told to call the 1-800 cust serv number...which we know is of no use...

Its frustrating...I wish this process was a little simpler...

Shall keep you posted if I hear any updates...I might be nearing a second FP soon...so let me see if that triggers anything...