Sent GC for Correction with Form I-90, and now they've LOST it...HELP!

jckii

Registered Users (C)
Great. My GC was approved for 10 year, IR6 status, and when it arrived, it had CR on it, valid for 2 years. So I went to my DO and was instructed by the official (apparently incorrectly, subsequent phone calls to USCIS have told me) to send it in along with I-90, supporting documents and a letter requesting a correction. Next thing (nearly 2 months later) I get a letter thanking me for my I90, and yes, there was indeed a USCIS processing error, and would I now please send in my original GC so that a new one can be processed and ordered. Problem is, of course, I no longer have the GC, THEY do (along with the I-90 form thay they're responding to...DUH) - so what now? I've written back politely explaining this and will have to wait and see, I guess. Anyone else have a similar experience, and if so, what were the results?

Thanks and good luck to all.

GC Lost!!

Hey...did u do the certified mail or the via normal mail you send it??
----IQ

iq707 said:
did u do the certified mail or the via normal mail you send it??

They have already responded that they received the I-90, so it doesn't really matter which way it was sent. All Certified Mail would show is that they signed for an envelope, not what was in it. The problem clearly lies inside the USCIS - not surprisingly.