Sending forms tomorrow, a few last questions

chaimdan

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I'm planning on sending out my papers on Monday, I had a few final questions prior to sending them out. Thanks in advance for your help.

I am Canadian applying for a Green card filing all forms at once.

In form I-130 the pretitioner (sponsor) is required to submit a G-325A, in that form (325A) on the bottom it asks "This form is submitted in connection with application for: Naturalization, status as permanent resident or other... would the second one be correct Permanent residence?

Photos: It says to write on the back with a pencil our names, pencil doesn't write on photo paper, is pen okay?

Also noticed somewhere it said that two photos needed to be side view with ear visible etc.... Is it correct that this is no longer needed (and regular passport photos are okay?)

Are personal checks any worse then sending a money order? And who to make checks payable to?

Confirming all the forms I am sending:
I 130
I 131
I 765
I 485
I 864
Medical

Can I send them UPS second day (wasn't sure they send to po box)? IS this the address to send to:
US citizenship and immigration services
PO box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680

I think that's all for now.. Thanks a million in advance! Chaim

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Permanent residence is okay for reason in G325A
2. I used a pencil, it worked.... dunno if pen is okay.
3. Here's what USCIS says about the photographs
I-485 said:
The photos must have a white background, be unmounted, printed on thin paper, and be glossy and unretouched. They must show your full-frontal facial position with your head bare. You may wear a headdress, if required by a religious order of which you are a member. The photos must be no larger than 2 x 2 inches, with the distance from the top of the head to just below the chin about 1 and 1/4 inches.
4. I prefer checks - that allows me to track and see when they have encashed em... also the soft copy of the checks in my (online) bank transactions carries the Receipt No (at the back of the check).
5. The address that you have mentioned is for USPS - you may use a USPS Priority Mail - that allows you to track your package and delivers the next day.

Best of luck. USC

I'm not sure, but I think the important thing with that is, that you should not use a pen that is going to print through the picture. I think you can use any pen that just won't show through on the other side of the picture!

chaimdan said:
Anyone have any idea about writing our names on the photos as I asked above? Thanks

As per instructions on the forms...

"Using a pencil, lightly print your Alien Registration Number (A#), or your name, if you do not have an A#, on the back of each photo."

You need to use as different pencil (maybe 2B) as i was able to write on my pictures with a pencil. You could use a sharpie but dont press hard and smudge on the other side.

Try rubbing the erasor end of the pencil on the area you are going to be writing on. It takes some of the gloss off. Just don't rub too hard as to damage the paper.

As for mailing, if you use express mail, then you should send it to the express mail address, which is different than the Lockbox (written in the instructions with the same "if" in there). This is what I did and things are rolling for me.

I used Cashier's Checks from my bank so I don't worry about when they cash it and they don't wait, if they wait, to make sure that the checks are cashed first. Again, this is what I did.

As for the pencil, follow what ari4u has advised. A soft pencil like the 2B should write on just about anything on this planet...except perhaps super smooth surfaces. I used HB and it worked on my pictures that I got from Kinkos.

And for God's sake, make sure that you include EVERYTHING they ask for, and NO MORE. Don't make them wonder and search for something missing, and don't make them wonder and guess about something extra.

Last, treat the USCIS like a computer. If you make one mistake in the program, the program won't run before asking you fix the issue. Here, it is usually done with RFE (Request For Evidence) which I have tried hard to avoid getting.

Read the instructions over and over again and make sure you have included vital things, such as your tax returns, a sealed medical from the USCIS authorized doctor, your birth certificate, your co-sponsor if any proof of his/her legal status (PR, USC, etc.)

Also, there are very good cover letters that ari4u has on his sticky. Used them or something similar.

Also, there are vital comments on the USCIS website about how you should package you docs and other tips. Here is the link http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/nbc/faq.htm#FilingTips

I also suggest going through the documents over and over again. Ask your pitioner to read yours and you reading his/her petition. My wife and I found some redicoulus mistakes in the forms we ourselves filled in.

Make sure you read this section, very important:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/nbc/faq.htm#specificsteps

Good luck. :D