Senators Help. Please advise

ruby1000

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

My I-485 was filed on 04/17/01 (RD).

It has been close to 2 years and I haven't heard anything from INS.

My lawyer told me that we can take senators help.

Is it really helpful ? How does this work? Please advise.

Thanks - Ruby

hey Ruby,

i'm also in the same boat as u are....RD 05/01....with NO RFE or any response from BCIS.
i don't know whether contacting a senator can help u or not but in Jan 2003' my lawyer contacted the INS and was told that there is nothing wrong with the case its just pending........!

My lawyer adviced me to just wait patiently as some cases take longer than others.

Do let me know what u decide.........i'm even pondering on the senator issue.

cheers,

You Should Just Do It

I worked with one of my states Senator's offices on a AP issue I had. They were great. All you need to do is look them up on line and their website will tell you how you can make contact with one of their case workers. I think you deserve an answer on your case.

RD Aug-01-2001.
ND Sep-14-2001.

No RFE.
No Approval.

Called several times, Case assigned to officer in Dec/05/2002, still as of today no approval.

Contacted local senator's office, got email back saying that

"You are currently undergoing the necessary background checks. "

What is this means to me??? What do they check for background? It is more than 3 months now, Is any thing I can do just waiting, Please share simillar experince. I'm now loosing my control.

Guys -

Go ahead and try contacting your Congressman. No harm inquiring, just explain your situation to them and they are usually very nice and will help you.

pad2001,
Give it another week or so. If you don't hear anything back, contact a different Congressman or Senator who's nice and willing to help push your case.

Best wishes, guys. Hope you'll be hearing your happy news soon.

BPBJHL042002
first thank u for uy encouraging words.

What is rd, nd and state and also what is ur rfe for?

BPBJHL042002

What is your RFE for ?? Can you also give RFE date!

You said EVL, What is this stands for?

Thanks in advance.

Ruby/Skapoor,

even i am in the same situation as you guys. However I got an RFE some 9 months ago but my case is still pending!

ND: 04/27/01
RFE: EVL
RFE: 06/29/02

I am still waiting for the approval. I talked to my lawyer and she said that contact a senator will not harm my case in anyway. But it is my decision.

regards,
Sanjeev