Seeking political asylum!

Gopal Chopra

A person arrives in USA on B1B2 multiple visa for 5 years and a 6 month entry to USA. He gets visa for Canada and goes there, while his way back to United States, his entry has been declined. However, he somehow manages to bring himself to the Unites States illegally.
The person is a genuine political and religious figure back in his country. Assuming he is now in USA illegally, is it possible for him to obtain political asylum in USA? If yes, what will be the procedure and how much time is required?
He doesn\'t want to go back due to the threat to his life in his country. On the contrary, he is afraid of being sent back by the US authorities. So, in this regard should he apply through your legal services and what will be the chances?
Please reply as soon as possible by taking it as a prompt case.

Thanx in advance.

No Title

I know that it is possible to obtain political asylum in the US even if you are here illegally, but you better be sure that when you apply for asylum, you can justify your illegality here. My mother received political here after being illegal for almost 4 years....But she could justify her illegality and I guess that the asylum officer was convinced that her illegality is justified. I am sorry that I cannot provide more info.......I wish you all the best........

No Title

identity stolen by piece of crap scumbag. all the stuff posted on this shitty web site is fake. This will be reported to www.ic3.gov

Last edited by a moderator:
No Title

Please if someone is caught at the US/Mexico Border trying to enter US can he apply for assylum there and then with the US authorities?
This person is an African.What is the reactions of US authorities to this?Your advise will be highly appreciated.

No Title

Yes, if he has a well founded fear of persecution on returning home and that he plans to apply asylum in the US he should mention it to the INS authorities. I don\'t believe he will be released from INS detention because of he is filing for asylum.
 Best to check this case with an immigration expert or better yet a qualified asylum lawyer.

A person arrives in USA on B1B2 multiple visa for 5 years and a 6 month entry to USA. He gets visa for Canada and goes there, while his way back to United States, his entry has been declined. However, he somehow manages to bring himself to the Unites States illegally.
The person is a genuine political and religious figure back in his country. Assuming he is now in USA illegally, is it possible for him to obtain political asylum in USA? If yes, what will be the procedure and how much time is required?
He doesn\'t want to go back due to the threat to his life in his country. On the contrary, he is afraid of being sent back by the US authorities. So, in this regard should he apply through your legal services and what will be the chances?
Please reply as soon as possible by taking it as a prompt case.

Thanx in advance.
Why are you not applying for Religious (R visa), its curent