• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Security waiver 2010 AOS urgent please (9 business days to the deadline)

Asia2010

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,

well, 9 business days remained to the 2010 winners to adjust their status,
My visa# became current on Aug. I applied to AOS form I-485. my wife and I received the employment authorization card but we didn't revive the Green card yet. We've done the biometrics on Sep 9 but we didn't receive an interview letter. So I went to the local office yesterday Sep 17. I have been told that they are waiting for the Security waiver which is done by different government agency. If they don't receive it before the deadline our application will be withdrawn. My question is What can I do to speed the process?

I'm very close ... but if they delay I'll lose my chance !!!
I remember someone wrote that persons can write the FBI to clear the names but I don't know how ???
Please respond if you have any advise

Hello everyone,

well, 9 business days remained to the 2010 winners to adjust their status,
My visa# became current on Aug. I applied to AOS form I-485. my wife and I received the employment authorization card but we didn't revive the Green card yet. We've done the biometrics on Sep 9 but we didn't receive an interview letter. So I went to the local office yesterday Sep 17. I have been told that they are waiting for the Security waiver which is done by different government agency. If they don't receive it before the deadline our application will be withdrawn. My question is What can I do to speed the process?

I'm very close ... but if they delay I'll lose my chance !!!
I remember someone wrote that persons can write the FBI to clear the names but I don't know how ???
Please respond if you have any advise

asia2010,
go to '2010aos only' thread and read the last 2 pages of the posts. there are similar cases to yours. check out the advice given by capeolive and follow it. you have no other choices. it's either you make it in the next week or end of the road.
good luck.

I found this,, it might be helpful for some

this is the link to download the document
(well, it doesn't allow me to post URL... So google FBI Name Check Primer and click on first link)

FBI Name Check Primer
Disclaimer:
I am not a lawyer and I cannot be held responsible for accuracy of the information below. Please use this document at your own risk.
Contents
Items in BLUE are those items about which I am making an intelligent guess and cannot be validated.
Section I – Name Check Explained
The Name Check’s official name is the National Name Check Program (NNCP). It is synonymous with FBI Background Check, Security Check etc. The National Name Check Program (NNCP) has the mission of disseminating information from the FBI's Central Records System in response to requests submitted by federal agencies, congressional committees, the federal judiciary, friendly foreign police and intelligence agencies, and state and local criminal justice agencies. The Central Records System (CRS) contains the FBI's administrative, personnel and investigative files. The NNCP has grown exponentially, with more and more customers seeking background information from FBI files on individuals before bestowing a privilege - - Whether that privilege is government employment or an appointment; a security clearance; attendance at a White House function; a Green card or naturalization; admission to the bar; or a visa for the privilege of visiting our homeland; more than 70 federal and state agencies regularly request an FBI name check. The USCIS is one of its biggest customers.
The name checks are handled at FBI Headquarters at Washington DC.
In my understanding a name check consists of running the applicant’s name and date of birth over multiple government records – not commercial records like credit reports etc. This will tell the agency if there has been any activity on your name ever i.e. if you were a convicted criminal, a witness in a federal case, a person who was investigated etc.
Name checks for Naturalization was initiated after Sept 11 2001. I am unsure if the program existed for Naturalization applicants before that time.
Many people report incredible lengths of delays with name checks. The reason for this is that the system (computerized system) is unable to conclude weather or not you are a person of interest. An analyst has to then intervene. The reason could me multi fold like you having a very common name (Asian last names for example) or your name matches that of a person that FBI dealt with in the past etc. This could take 1 day or over a year. Another reason for delays is that this department is grossly understaffed.
I think that the name check requests are sent after a finger print result is received. I just happened to notice this with many applicants.
Name check requests are automatically initiated by the Service Center and are done for all applicants. There is another check called the CIA check that is not done for Naturalization applicants. CIA check is done for I-485, Amnesty and other applicants.
When the system searches for your name and does not find any indices, it returns “NO- RECORD” as a result. This is what majority of people will have for a status. A “No-Record” means “No-Objection” from the part of the FBI for Naturalization.
However presence of a record by itself is not always adverse. Just means you have been involved somehow with something that FBI has a record on.
The Records name checks are supervised by Agent David Hardy who is the Chief of the Record/Information Dissemination Section in the Records Management Division (RMD). Mr.Hardy’s boss is the Assistant Director, Records Management Division is William Hooton.
Section II – Contact Info
Every single phone and fax number mentioned is available on the internet – if you know where to look. I have just arranged them into one useful chunk.
Please use these phone numbers and fax numbers (especially the Asst Director/analysts) with discretion. Believe me you don’t want to nag the FBI too much or enrage them - in your own interest.
FBI Fingerprint Status (304) 625-2000 FBI Name Check Status (Main Line) (202) 324-3625 FBI NNCP Public Inquiry Voice Line (202) 324 2399 FBI Name Check Inquiry Fax (202) 324-3367 (Mention Name/DOB/A#/Ph#/Addr#/Email/Fax)
FBI NNCP Analyst Diane Berger – (202) 324 0680 (Do not nag the analysts) FBI NNCP Supervisor Renee Morton – Call the FBI main line and ask for this person.
FOIPA Contact Person Debbie Beatty (202) 324 6182 FOIPA Fax Inquiry (202)-324-3752
William Hooton – Asst Director RMD Office – (202)-324-7129 (Use as a last measure only)
USCIS Expedite Criteria (Contact Info is for Vermont Service Center only)
You can use info to request for an expedite for almost all applications handled by the service center.
All expedite requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and are granted at the discretion of the Service Center Director. The criteria are as follows:
• Severe financial loss to company or individual. • Extreme emergent situation. • Humanitarian situation. • Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social
interests of the United States. • Department of Defense or National Interest Situation (Note: Request must come from
official United States Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government.) USCIS error.
• Compelling interest of USCIS. If a response to the expedite request is not received within 72 hours, the request is denied. The
application or petition will then undergo normal processing.
General Expedite Procedures By Fax
The VSC has always been strict with respect to approving requests for special processing. Individuals who are seeking expeditious handling can FAX the Center at (802) 527-4816 to request an expedite.
The fax line is available 24 hours a day. Expedite requests are reviewed Monday through Friday from 8:00AM to 4:00 PM.
General Expedite Procedures By Mail
The VSC will also accept EXPEDITE requests through WRITTEN Correspondence.
A letter requesting the expedite of a case along with any supporting information should be mailed to the VSC. The envelope MUST be marked with "EXPEDITE REQUEST".
Please mail expedite request to: U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Vermont Service Center ATTN: Expedite Request 75 Lower Welden Street St. Albans, VT 05479
FOIP A
Use this as a template to file your FOIPA request. Modify it to suit your information and fax it in to the FBI. Contact Debbie Beatty at (202) 324 6182 for more info
Make sure you send a Privacy Act request to check if FBI has a record in their Central Records System. It is important to see if there is a record or not. If you get a ‘No-Records” response and your name check is pending for a long time, you can take this information to Mr. Hardy/Mr. Hooton
To:
David M. Hardy, Chief Record/Information Dissemination Section Federal Bureau of Investigation 935 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W. Washington, D.C. 20535 Fax: (202) 324-3752
Sub: PRIVACY ACT REQUEST
Dear Mr. Hardy: Under the Freedom of Information Act, 5 U.S.C. section 552 and the Privacy Act, 5 U.S.C. section 552a, please furnish me with copies of all records about me indexed to my name or my identifying information, maintained in the Central Records System (CRS).
To help identify information about me in your records systems and/or programs, I am providing the following identifying information: Full Name: John Doe Date of Birth: January 1, 1981
Place of Birth: Tokyo, Japan Social Security Number: 123-45-6789 Current Address: 123 My street, City, State Zip Home Phone Number: 555-555-5555
If you have any questions about handling this request, you may phone me at 555-555-5550 (day or evenings). Please respond to: John Doe, 123 My street, City, State Zip
Sincerely,
Signature John Doe
Pursuant to 28 U.S.C. 1746, I certify under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct and that I am requesting release of my records to myself.
Executed on [date]. Signature
Section III – Possible means to expedite name check
This section is based on my learning and guess work only. Don’t take it to the bank
1. File a FOIPA request at the time of filing your N400. Since both requests (FOIPA and Name Checks) are handled by the same RMD department, I assume if they trace your record once, the second time will be easier. Also in case of unusual delays (over a few months) you can appeal with this in hand.
2. Fax a name check request monthly and call the voice line every so often. This will familiarize your name with them.
3. Write to Asst Dir William Hooton and explain your urgency in the best way you can. 4. In case of unusual delays (over a few months), contact your Congressman and ask him/her
to
a) Request for an expedite from the FBI b) Write to the Congressional Asst Dir, Eleni Kalisch to appeal c) Have them contact an FBI legislative liaison and check on your case often
5. Never lose hope. Ultimately the system works, its just slow for some of us
Links

ALL THE BEST

Thanks a lot friend.u really told a lot.it made me confuse.can u please give me a e- mail address where i can describ my situation!dude im waiting since october '09.almost a year now.so please help if u can.god september 30 is knocking at da door. Thanks.