• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Security Clearance Status

Bahar

Registered Users (C)
Today I have seen my case number appeared in "Security Clearance Status" section of the consulate website of the place where I am going to have interview on begining of March with its expiry date. What does it mean? Does it mean that all the security checks has been done before the interview and if my documents are complete the visa will be ready or what?

When they will get finger print? And what is the differences between these two? Thanks

Read Carefully

Dear Bahar

did you read what has been written in the top of the ankra consular page ???

please read carfully and you will understand by your self

Security Clearance Status for Immigrant Visa Applicants
If your case number appears below please appear in person with your passport, refusal sheet (OF-194) and the missing items, if any, at the U.S. Embassy, Consular Section in Ankara, any Monday through Thursday between 13:30 and 14:00, before the security check expiration date. If your case number is not listed, please check the list every seven days.

YOU MUST TAKE YOUR PASSPORT AND YOUR DOCUMENTS TO THE EMBASSY
BEFORE YOUR EXPIRATION DATE

and i dont know why??? GOD help you

znaty

Dear Znaty,

To be honest I have read this page many many times very carefully as I got shocked when I saw our numbers. Do you know why? becasue for many applicants who are coming from middle east especially my home , becasue of political reasons, the security check will take long time even 6 weeks after the interview and when I saw our case number appeared on the page while our interview has not been done, I got confused.

My question was, is it the same security check or there is going to be another check after interview?