Security Clearance. need help

nielsen

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks,

My wife is a US Citizen, we got married in Jan 2005 and she applied for my GC in March. I had my AOS interview this week. The officer reviewed all our documents and at the end of the interview said that we were awaiting "security clearance".

I have a few questions and would really appreciate if anyone could help me:

1. Is the security clearance the same thing as FBI name check ?
2. How can I find out when was the request for the security clearance made and what is it stalling on ?
3. Is there anything I could do to get the results of the security clearance or help the security clearance process move faster ? Also, how long does it take for a security check to clear ?
4. After the security check clears, would there be another interview for AOS ?

Timeline:
Marchl 2005 - Applied for 130, 485
May 2005 - Fingerprint
Aug 2005 - AOS interview

Welcome to our hell

Hi there,
If you do a search on finger print or name check on this forum, you'll find that there are a number of us who after completing the interview were told we were approved pending either name check, or in my case fingerprint results. Also, there's alot of information about the two.

Name checks seems to be taking months, fingerprints not sure. Good luck.

Mine is also the same case
I filed for AOS in second week of Apr 05, and did biometric ( code 3) in 3rd week of may May 05. Even before I did my biometric, I recived the NOA for interview ( June 10th). Someone told me that there is some pilot program going on for family based AOs and I should get my GC within 90 days , i.e on the interview day.
After the interview was over the officer said that the case is approvable but could not stamp 551, becase thought the results of fingerprinting were received, the FBI clearance was not revceived.
I am now stuck, and no one knows how long will it take for FBI clearance.
Can anyone please help me and tell me their experiences on the delay of approval of AOS application due to the non availability of FBI clearance

Last edited by a moderator: