Security Checks delay - I485

adoni_s

Hello Everyone,
I have my I-485 filed in March 2004 and have the last updated date as of 11.08.2004 after I got my finger printing done. Recently happened to open an inquiry with USCIS and the result of the inquiry is as follows:

''The processing of your petition/application has been delayed. All petitions/applications received by this Service are required to have routine security checks that are resulting in delays of the adjudication of petitions/applications. As a result of the lack of manpower to complete the checks in a timely manner, we have no control over how long these checks will take. We can give no definite indication of when they will be completed. We apologize for the delay."

I am stuck at this point. I would be thankful to any one who can guide me at this point. My wife's and two kids' filing is also on the same date as of mine, ie., March 2004. Anyone, please advise.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Truly,
Nag

me too in the same boat. I did n't do any inquiry, all I did is update dthe address and got the letter from USCIS with address change info and security check delay lack of man power bla bla.....

adoni_s,

let me guess.... your ND is 03/04/04. isn't it ? I am in the same boat as you my friend... our time will come eventually....

Count me in too.....I initiated an inquiry and got a response back saying they are waiting for my Finger Print results.

LC PC 11/2001
I140 RD Mar 2004 AD 04/2005
I485 RD Mar 2004
FP 11/2004.

Same here

I am in the same boat. I heard from the local congressman's office that FBI has a self imposed deadline of Aug '05 to eliminate the namecheck backlog. Hopefully this is accurate information.

Same letter

I also got the same letter a month back. My attorney says this is a standard reply no need to worry. I do not know he is right? or wrong?

adoni_s said:
Hello Everyone,
I have my I-485 filed in March 2004 and have the last updated date as of 11.08.2004 after I got my finger printing done. Recently happened to open an inquiry with USCIS and the result of the inquiry is as follows:

''The processing of your petition/application has been delayed. All petitions/applications received by this Service are required to have routine security checks that are resulting in delays of the adjudication of petitions/applications. As a result of the lack of manpower to complete the checks in a timely manner, we have no control over how long these checks will take. We can give no definite indication of when they will be completed. We apologize for the delay."

I am stuck at this point. I would be thankful to any one who can guide me at this point. My wife's and two kids' filing is also on the same date as of mine, ie., March 2004. Anyone, please advise.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Truly,
Nag

RAVICHAND1 said:
Count me in too.....I initiated an inquiry and got a response back saying they are waiting for my Finger Print results.

LC PC 11/2001
I140 RD Mar 2004 AD 04/2005
I485 RD Mar 2004
FP 11/2004.

RAVICHAND1,

you are probably have exactly the same problem as I had... I did FP1 11/04/04 BUT USCIS NEVER GOT THE RESULTS BACK FROM FBI! There was an error on their end in my A#... after numerous calls to VSC they admitted they LOST FP results... basically they never received them from FBI even though FBI cleared it same day... finally VSC sent me a letter saying they located the FP and I should be OK... 3 months later I got FP2 notice... it looks like it was not OK and they made me redo it... call FBI to check if they cleared your FP, and then call VSC to confirm.

GL.

look at my signature for details...

GCG said:
RAVICHAND1,

you are probably have exactly the same problem as I had... I did FP1 11/04/04 BUT USCIS NEVER GOT THE RESULTS BACK FROM FBI! There was an error on their end in my A#... after numerous calls to VSC they admitted they LOST FP results... basically they never received them from FBI even though FBI cleared it same day... finally VSC sent me a letter saying they located the FP and I should be OK... 3 months later I got FP2 notice... it looks like it was not OK and they made me redo it... call FBI to check if they cleared your FP, and then call VSC to confirm.

GL.

look at my signature for details...

Thanks for your response GCG....I called FBI after my FP and they told they sent the results back the same day (11/20/2004) and USCIS updated their website indicating that they received the finger printing review results on 11/29/2004. When I called VSC last week the representative told me that they are waiting for my back ground check (not sure if this is a name check) ...I asked the VSC representative and she told me to wait till July 5th and call back if i dont hear back from them (I opened an inquiry ticket in Apr 05 and VSC sent me a letter stating it will take 60 days to resolve this issue) .... Did you happen to initiate an inquiry and got a letter stating to wait till 60 days to resolve this issue or something ???

Ravi,

that is pretty standard stuff....getting the letter etc...wait for the time stated and then call them again in case if you don't have an approval by then...
did you send a letter to FBI?

tks

dogbert99 said:
Ravi,

that is pretty standard stuff....getting the letter etc...wait for the time stated and then call them again in case if you don't have an approval by then...
did you send a letter to FBI?

tks

Thanks for your reply dogbert99 .... I did not send a letter to FBI, I only called them after my FP.... If I want to contact FBI then Is it going to be a name check letter/email?? Any advise is appreciated

Thanks,
Ravi.

I am also in same situation.

I have given FP on 04/14/2005. I saw online message FP received and resumed process. I spoke to the one of CS at VSC she mentioned Security Checks pending for both my wife and me.

But when I spoke to the IOfficer at Newark,NJ office she mentioned FP received, NO Bad Identity , No bad record etc., on my wife case.

And on my case she got only FP received message.

So, where should I send an email or call regarding security checks.

Adoni,

My LUD is same as yours. 11.08.04. 485 was filed on Feb 04. My spouse and son have got approved in Feb'05. I'm stuck in name check. This really sucks!!!!

seperate number to call VSV?

Is there a seperate number to call the VSC. Or is it the same number that we dial 800-375-5283 and the call gets redirected to VSC.
I-485 RD - 11/2003. On second EAD and Parole now.